6 replies to this topic

#1 wendy74

wendy74

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hi, I was tested back in April and was told my results were negative. Today I decided to get a print out and here it is:

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, Iga: 3 (0-19 Negative)
Deamidated Gliadin Abs, Igg: 3 (0-19 Negative)
t-Transglutaminase (tTG): <2 (0-3 Negative)
t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG: <2 (0-5 Negative)
Endomysial Antibody IgA: Negative
Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum: 268 (70-400 Negative)

I just want to be sure I am reading this right.

Thanks! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Yes, these are negative results.

Were you tested due to Celiac symptoms? If so, you could still have Celiac or Gluten Intolerance. My children all tested negative, but have all had improved health gluten-free.

Good Luck :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 wendy74

wendy74

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Yes, these are negative results.

Were you tested due to Celiac symptoms? If so, you could still have Celiac or Gluten Intolerance. My children all tested negative, but have all had improved health gluten-free.

Good Luck :)

Yes, I was having symptoms and my sister has Celiac. So my doctor pretty much told me I was lactose intolerant with IBS. I still have symptoms here and there so I thought I would just cut out Gluten period and see what happens.

#4 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

I think it's somewhere around 30% of celiacs have negative tests so you could be one of those. Good luck with your gluten-free trial. I hope you feel better!
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 wendy74

wendy74

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

I think it's somewhere around 30% of celiacs have negative tests so you could be one of those. Good luck with your gluten-free trial. I hope you feel better!

Thanks!!! Me to! :)

#6 GlutenFreeAustinite

GlutenFreeAustinite

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

Or you could be gluten intolerant. That would make your blood tests negative too. It's possible for one person to be celiac and one to be gluten sensitive in one family, though I admit your chances of celiac are higher.

#7 wendy74

wendy74

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

Or you could be gluten intolerant. That would make your blood tests negative too. It's possible for one person to be celiac and one to be gluten sensitive in one family, though I admit your chances of celiac are higher.

The times I have ate gluten free I seemed to have less brain fog, bloating, and digestive issues. But I have not tested it longer that a few weeks. I did go on a wheat binge this past weekend and have been a mess ever since. That is enough for me to stay away from Gluten; if it makes me feel better why not. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: