#16 tom

tom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Peppers? Hmm I add that to just about everything. Food for thought

I think you're referring to the spice, whereas GottaSki was talking about Bell Peppers etc.

(Edit - hehe oops that's a lotta peppers .. ...was reminding me of having to try pepper-free, spice-free & how boring it was)
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

I think you're referring to the spice, whereas GottaSki was talking about Bell Peppers etc.

Both. I love bell peppers especially in soups, stir fries, omlettes and so on.
Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12
Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12
Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12
No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12
Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

#18 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Remember too that you would have to pay for the CPA to do the paperwork & filing for you to deduct this from your taxes. Just saying these things in case you have 2nd thoughts about it. PLUS, according to IrishHeart who knows someone who works for the IRS --- says you can BET you will be audited. She & her hubs had saved receipts & were going to do it & after finding that out said NOPE, not worth it. Plus you would have to have deductible expenses OVER your standard deduction in order to come out ahead.

Maybe try eliminating ALL the nightshades & see how you do. There are plenty on here who are nightshade intolerant. Start a new thread & they will answer you with all the 411.Posted Image

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#19 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Peppers? Hmm I add that to just about everything. Food for thought

tee hee I say the most paradoxical and stupidest things sometimes. Oh by the way and unfortunately "justlisa" has already claimed partial ownership of that catchy phrase and I cannot allow someone else to use it or it may undermind my rarity and popularity. Sorry! :P :lol:

After going gluten free I ate red, yellow and orange peppers nearly everyday - what easier way to add color? My easy lunch for the office was: Quinoa with tiny peas and bell pepper and tomato along with some peanuts to snack on. Trialed each on elimination diet which revealed:

peppers = muscle/joint aches and pain within 1/2 hour for at least 12 hours
tomoto = mouth numb tingly like I'd just had novacane at the dentist and more fun
peas = were like sleeping pills, couldn't keep my eyes open after I ate for at least several hours - same thing happened with beans.
peanuts = major emotional change -- was REALLY angry within the hour followed by uncontrolable tears at about two hours - crazy reaction -- not sure I'll ever even trial peanuts again once I get some other foods back.

It is no wonder I continued to have problems after removing gluten.

ALL peppers are not tolerable for me -- peppers in spice except black and white are nightshade (95% sure on that - I'm kinda foggy today - will have to check on that one)

PS...I have only used your catch phrase to family and friends...to those that laugh or commented I have given you full credit ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#20 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Remember too that you would have to pay for the CPA to do the paperwork & filing for you to deduct this from your taxes. Just saying these things in case you have 2nd thoughts about it. PLUS, according to IrishHeart who knows someone who works for the IRS --- says you can BET you will be audited. She & her hubs had saved receipts & were going to do it & after finding that out said NOPE, not worth it. Plus you would have to have deductible expenses OVER your standard deduction in order to come out ahead.

Maybe try eliminating ALL the nightshades & see how you do. There are plenty on here who are nightshade intolerant. Start a new thread & they will answer you with all the 411.Posted Image

Youre totally right about paying the CP so it wouldnt be worth it most def.
I will trial nightshade free and see what happens. It will be hardest for me to give up tomatoes. I love italian foods. No creamy sauce and no tomato sauce would be a bummer. I can try pesto. Besides i dont eat pasta that often. I just got to get through the homemade learning curve somehow while working 50+ hours a week. Hhh

After going gluten free I ate red, yellow and orange peppers nearly everyday - what easier way to add color? My easy lunch for the office was: Quinoa with tiny peas and bell pepper and tomato along with some peanuts to snack on. Trialed each on elimination diet which revealed:

peppers = muscle/joint aches and pain within 1/2 hour for at least 12 hours
tomoto = mouth numb tingly like I'd just had novacane at the dentist and more fun
peas = were like sleeping pills, couldn't keep my eyes open after I ate for at least several hours - same thing happened with beans.
peanuts = major emotional change -- was REALLY angry within the hour followed by uncontrolable tears at about two hours - crazy reaction -- not sure I'll ever even trial peanuts again once I get some other foods back.

It is no wonder I continued to have problems after removing gluten.

ALL peppers are not tolerable for me -- peppers in spice except black and white are nightshade (95% sure on that - I'm kinda foggy today - will have to check on that one)

PS...I have only used your catch phrase to family and friends...to those that laugh or commented I have given you full credit ;)

Yeah i think with a wounded gut it makes since to be alkaline and limit acids anyway. I shall try. I long for the day i can begin adding to my diet instead of constantly subtracting.

PS...That is perfectly fine that you share it with friends and family as long as it is not for profiteering....ok ima stop about this now cause you aint a dead horse and i dont have enough energy to beat anything right now....i mean other than my own body so...
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12

#21 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

To all who read this thread:You know what I love about Razzle? No matter how bad off this girl gets, no matter how many foods she has to eliminate, no matter how big her tongue swells or how bad it burns; THIS girl can still crack jokes & she always makes me laugh.
You just gotta love someone like that. Special.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#22 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thx everyone! I have not been eating anything with peppers the past couple of days until today and now I am pretty bloated and feel kinda yucky. I feel tired and just not right. I am gonna stay away from them from now on. More experimentations will hopefully reveal whether it is the whole "nightshade" category. :-)

One more poece of the puzzle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: