#1 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

http://www.nature.co...jg2012236a.html

CONCLUSIONS:

Our data confirm the existence of non-celiac WS as a distinct clinical condition. We also suggest the existence of two distinct populations of subjects with WS: one with characteristics more similar to celiac disease and the other with characteristics pointing to food allergy.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

In Nature! Sweet! That's an impressive study too.

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Thanks Jestgar,

It's nice to see there is some research being one on wheat sensitivity without celiac disease. NCGI is what I usually call those symptoms. Leave ti the researcher s to invent a different term though. :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#4 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

Thanks Jestgar,

It's nice to see there is some research being one on wheat sensitivity without celiac disease. NCGI is what I usually call those symptoms. Leave ti the researcher s to invent a different term though. :)

In this study the challenge was with wheat, not pure gluten, so using the phrase "gluten sensitivity" would be incorrect. Top-level researchers use very precise language to try to describe exactly what they observe, not what they might assume.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: