9 replies to this topic

#1 AGH2010

AGH2010

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Has anyone tried the Blue Diamond gluten-free crackers? I just noticed them at the store for the first time. I didn't buy them because the shared facility warning scared me. Anyone have luck with them? They look tasty.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

I buy them and eat them. (Okay, well I used to before I got all the blah blah you can't have nuts crap from my doctor.) I am also super sensitive. If I even think about gluten I will be in a bathroom in half an hour wishing I were dead. That could be exaggerating just a little, but seriously, just a little.

I do tend to stay away from the shared facility items, but there are exceptions and these crackers were one for me and they will be again as soon as I'm allowed to add nuts back to my diet. I happily let my husband eat them. The difference between these crackers and say, Cheetos is that these crackers are tested to be gluten free. Every single production run is tested, so every batch falls under that 20 PPM.

When a company goes above and beyond to share that warning and the practices they go through to ensure a gluten free product I find it reassuring. This is far better (imo) than the random gluten free label with no warning that the facility also handles wheat products and leaves someone sick with no idea where it came from. Is it possible this product will contain enough gluten to make someone sick? Yes, but is their transparency about their practices that is reassuring to me and in my time eating their crackers I did not find myself sick from them.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

I've tried them but to be honest could only have a few because I really dislike them compared to others. Perhaps if they were slathered in melted cheese... :P However, that is just a personal opinion so they are worth a try. Others seem to like them and have found them to be safe. I'm just used to homemade and therefore am a bit spoiled. :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4 AGH2010

AGH2010

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Great! Thanks guys! So nice to have this forum. My daughter was diagnosed very recently so am still learning.

#5 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

I do buy Blue Diamond Crackers and like them. But I think (so far) my absolute favorite crackers are Crunchmaster (especially the Multi-Seed Original or Sea Salt).
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#6 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

I like the Blue Diamond crackers, they're great with pepperoni and cheese for a party appetizer! I also, like the CrunchMaster crackers, just the plain ones and I eat them with homemade tuna salad instead of having bread. Wicked yummy, this is making me hungry right now!! 😃😃😃
~**caselynn**~

#7 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Eat them regularly,

richard

#8 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

As mentioned above, Blue Diamond crackers are great with melted cheese and other toppings because they bake well in the oven; however, Crunchmaster crackers are by far the best-tasting gluten-free cracker on the market. I personally prefer the roasted-garlic flavored ones. They usually cost only $2.99 for a good-sized bag, and you can find them with all the regular crackers rather than with the gluten-free varieties.

#9 birdie22

birdie22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

I eat Blue Diamond Nut Thins all the time. Love them.
Diagnosed NCGS April 2012 after battling headaches, canker sores, bloating, heartburn, epigastric pain, buzzed feeling, extreme fatigue, muscle aches, and nausea since November 2010.

gluten-free since November 2011

#10 Christine0125

Christine0125

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I love the pecan nut thins and they don't seem to cause me any issue. I like the taste of crunch master but find they have a bit of an aftertaste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: