4 replies to this topic

#1 Crzycatlady

Crzycatlady

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hi, I am new to this site but have already found several threads that were very helpful. I was diagnosed with celiac disease 8 months ago and have been gluten free since. I have had moderate to severe stomach problems for many years and have possibly had this since I was a teen. I have been dairy free for most of this time and also went to a food allergist to find out if there were additional foods I should be avoiding. Just about every food I normally eat came up positive. I eliminated all of them and then introduced them gradually. But I do not feel any better than since before I went gluten free. I get extremely bad stomach pains, diarrhea and constipation, intense muscle pains, fatigue, etc. Also, I normally get flare ups, that's what I call it when my symptoms get much worse and I can hardly get out of bed, at least once a month. Wondering if anyone else is going through this and if they have found relief?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

You may still be healing , for some it can take up to two years or even more. After five years a few still have problems.Plus please check to make sure you are not getting CC by kitchen utensils,hidden gluten,pet food...you may be just a very sensitive celiac that can not eat out in restaurants, use gluten-free foods that are not made in a dedicated place.. You may to go to a very strict food regime of plain meats, fruits, veggies, fish & no gluten-free processed foods to see if that brings more relief..

Another suggestion would be to get a massive blood work-up & be checked for other issues, gallbladder, crohn's, etc.
Do you take digestive enzymes & probiotics? They to may be a big help...Sometimes our gut just needs more help because it doesn't have enough gastric juices to more the food into a digested state ...

#3 Crzycatlady

Crzycatlady

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for your advice. Greatly appreciated. I do take Ultimate Flora Critical Care probiotic. Is there a specific enzyme supplement that anyone has had success with?

#4 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Many of us find help with Digest Gold by Enzymedica

#5 Katie C.

Katie C.

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Gluten Flam really helps my daughter. We ran out and forgot to get more, and boy did she start feeling bad. Got much better 4 days after re-starting it. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: