Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Pizza On The Grill?

9 posts in this topic

I like the Bob's Red Mill pizza crust mix and was thinking on trying to make it on the grill. Has anyone tried this? I don't have a pizza stone which would probably make it better.

Ads by Google:

That sounds yummy. I've never tried it, but i know people grill pizza all the time. Go for it. Add some pinneapple and mushrooms for a summer pizza haha. YUMMM can i come over for dinner lol

Yes - we do this. It is our favourite way (other than in our wood-fired outdoor oven in Croatia, of course :P ). I make my own crust, though; I have a couple of recipes you can actually roll out which is glorious!

love2travel, do you cook it right on the grill or on a cookie sheet or pizza stone? Do you have a temperature for the grill? We have a gas grill.

I've done this and it's awesome! We just put it right on the grill, crust only to begin with, cook 1 side, then take off grill and add sauce and toppings and back to the grill it goes till toppings are cooked and the crust is to your liking! Soooooo, yummy!!!!' 😃😃😃

I would love to try this but I use Gluten Free Pantry French Bread mix for my dough and it is really more like a batter.

I have seen many recipes using "regular" pizza dough and they all put it directly on the grill.

My problem is that I can't tolerate soy, legumes, or tapioca.

I haven't done this yet, but.... given how gluten free doughs tend to have surprising behaviors, I think I would at least use aluminum foil or a metal pan the first time on a grill. I could just see all this expensive, gluten-free pizza dough sticking badly or going *splat* thru the rungs of the grill and then going up in flames. :ph34r::lol::blink:

Now, if it were a pre purchased frozen gluten-free crust, it might hold together, but nothing I have ever made at home was thick and sturdy enough that it could hold the toppings all by its lonesome and then be slung around. B)

If my memory serves me right, pampered chef makes a pizza pan created especially for the grill 😄

If you make pizza that you can roll out, you can direct grill it. We do this and love it!