8 replies to this topic

#1 dcns65

dcns65

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

I like the Bob's Red Mill pizza crust mix and was thinking on trying to make it on the grill. Has anyone tried this? I don't have a pizza stone which would probably make it better.
Mom to 2 children with Celiac and husband with Celiac
Son-diagnosed Sept. 2011 with numbers off the chart, positive biopsy, hypothyroidism, ADHD, PDD (totally mainstreamed in School)
Daughter-diagnosed Jan. 2012 with no symptoms blood test positive, biopsy negative, hypothyroidism. Chose to go Gluten Free, dancer and straight A high school student
Husband-positive blood test, hypothyroidism and decided to skip the endoscopy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Sage122

Sage122

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

That sounds yummy. I've never tried it, but i know people grill pizza all the time. Go for it. Add some pinneapple and mushrooms for a summer pizza haha. YUMMM can i come over for dinner lol

#3 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yes - we do this. It is our favourite way (other than in our wood-fired outdoor oven in Croatia, of course :P ). I make my own crust, though; I have a couple of recipes you can actually roll out which is glorious!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4 dcns65

dcns65

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

love2travel, do you cook it right on the grill or on a cookie sheet or pizza stone? Do you have a temperature for the grill? We have a gas grill.
Mom to 2 children with Celiac and husband with Celiac
Son-diagnosed Sept. 2011 with numbers off the chart, positive biopsy, hypothyroidism, ADHD, PDD (totally mainstreamed in School)
Daughter-diagnosed Jan. 2012 with no symptoms blood test positive, biopsy negative, hypothyroidism. Chose to go Gluten Free, dancer and straight A high school student
Husband-positive blood test, hypothyroidism and decided to skip the endoscopy

#5 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

I've done this and it's awesome! We just put it right on the grill, crust only to begin with, cook 1 side, then take off grill and add sauce and toppings and back to the grill it goes till toppings are cooked and the crust is to your liking! Soooooo, yummy!!!!' 😃😃😃
~**caselynn**~

#6 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

I would love to try this but I use Gluten Free Pantry French Bread mix for my dough and it is really more like a batter.

I have seen many recipes using "regular" pizza dough and they all put it directly on the grill.

My problem is that I can't tolerate soy, legumes, or tapioca.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#7 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

I haven't done this yet, but.... given how gluten free doughs tend to have surprising behaviors, I think I would at least use aluminum foil or a metal pan the first time on a grill. I could just see all this expensive, gluten-free pizza dough sticking badly or going *splat* thru the rungs of the grill and then going up in flames. :ph34r: :lol: :blink:

Now, if it were a pre purchased frozen gluten-free crust, it might hold together, but nothing I have ever made at home was thick and sturdy enough that it could hold the toppings all by its lonesome and then be slung around. B)

#8 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

If my memory serves me right, pampered chef makes a pizza pan created especially for the grill 😄
~**caselynn**~

#9 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

If you make pizza that you can roll out, you can direct grill it. We do this and love it!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: