19 replies to this topic

#16 GEF

GEF

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:12 AM

I had mine about a year ago and was mildly sedated. Whatever they used, I felt that I had not a care in the world... that part of it was great. Apparently they need you awake to participate in the procedure, so they don't put you totally out. I remember about a second worth of it, like a rubbing my throat sensation.. very strange. Anway, the side effect of the med is amnesia. Hahaaha! I do wonder now and then what kind of patient I was... did I gad?... did I drool?... only the doc will know. It sounds like your side effect took a day or so to kick in.

Gretchen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 nickra

nickra

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:27 AM

did you sleep much after it?
the nurse told me to lay down and that i would fall asleep soon
10 minutes later i was sat up watching tellky because i was bored and another 20 mins later i rang for the nurse and asked if i could go home

maybe i am a freak patient

I do wonder now and then what kind of patient I was... did I gad?... did I drool?.

ps - i drooled, gagged, spat, wriggled and basically totally freaked out - i dread to think what happened on the bits i cant remember...

#18 GEF

GEF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:48 AM

did you sleep much after it?
the nurse told me to lay down and that i would fall asleep soon
10 minutes later i was sat up watching tellky because i was bored and another 20 mins later i rang for the nurse and asked if i could go home

maybe i am a freak patient

ps - i drooled, gagged, spat, wriggled and basically totally freaked out - i dread to think what happened on the bits i cant remember...

Actually, when my friend picked me up to go home, I was a little tired. But then we went shopping and I didn't feel badly at all... well, that I can remember! I do think it's better that I have very little memories of the procedure... if not for a pain issue, it's for the sake of pride. My endo was normal, by the way.

#19 nickra

nickra

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:56 AM

glad your result was normal - i see my consultant again in august so time to get on with stuff until i get results

cheers

nickra

#20 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:40 AM

Hahaaha! I do wonder now and then what kind of patient I was... did I gad?... did I drool?... only the doc will know. It sounds like your side effect took a day or so to kick in.

I think they said that they'd give me something to stop my gag reflex.....but I know that I drooled -- the hospital pillow was all wet from my saliva after -- :P -- yuck.

-celiac3270

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: