#1 Kelleybean

Kelleybean

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hi -

My Publix used to carry Tinkyada pasta but now they stopped. Now they just carry DeBoles and Notta Pasta. Can anyone tell me how these are? I hate shelling out a lot of $ for an expensive gluten free product and then have it be a dud. If neither are good, then I can make a special trip to the health food store.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,681 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

I think Debole's is okay. I found it a bit 'corny' for my taste but an okay texture. My favorite is the Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles. Usually they can be found in the Oriental food section. My store carries the real thin angel hair size and a linguine. I like the angel hair because it cooks in just a minute or so. I just toss it into veggies that are done cooking before I drain. Then a minute later drain and toss with butter. Quick, filling and cheap.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 krystynycole

krystynycole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Do you have Super Walmart by you (the walmart fresh foods)? I can find Tinkyada pasta at a decent price there. I can only find it at the larger walmarts where there is fresh foods. The smaller stores do not seem to carry it.

Gluten Free since November 2010 and feeling fantastic!

(Mis)diagnosis with IBS in 2004
MSG and caffeine free since 2001

#4 MindytheOrganist

MindytheOrganist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

We've had DeBoles, and it is pretty good. But, if it isn't a lot of trouble, I'd drive to the health store to get Tinkyada.

#5 Kelleybean

Kelleybean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Thanks everyone! Based on your comments, I think I'll stick with my Tinkyada. My son is the one who is gluten free, and he's super picky.

#6 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hi -

My Publix used to carry Tinkyada pasta but now they stopped. Now they just carry DeBoles and Notta Pasta. Can anyone tell me how these are? I hate shelling out a lot of $ for an expensive gluten free product and then have it be a dud. If neither are good, then I can make a special trip to the health food store.

My local store did that. Stopped carrying my product. I asked them to bring it back and they did so with limited ordering and letting me know the day the order arrived. They also found out I wasn't the only un happy camper. :)

:D HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY :D

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderat

#7 Minette

Minette

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

I would order Tinkyada online before switching brands, if it came to that. It's the only one everyone in our family has been happy with.

#8 Mom-of-Two

Mom-of-Two

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

I started ordering Tinkyada online! WAY cheaper!! And many varieties as well, we order on Vitacost.com which has a great selection and amazing prices on gluten free foods. We are a gluten free home now and it took some time to get a gluten-free pasta my youngest (non celiac) would accept as "regular" pasta because he LOVES LOVES LOVES his pasta!!! Well, the Tinkyada did the trick, he eats it like he knows no different, we all enjoy it. Us adults liket the quinoa/corn blend by Ancient Harvest and find it to be higher in protein/fiber and a bit more adult in taste/texture. But for kids, I think Tinkyada is the way to go.

http://www.vitacost....at-free-16-oz-1

#9 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

I second the Vitacost vote. You order over 25$ and it's free shipping. Any specialty food or supplement that you purchase, I always check there first.

I used to eat the notta pasta, I thought it was pretty good,but it's been a while, and the shapes they sell tend to stick together. I like rotini because it's impossible to stick together in the pan!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: