This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pasta

Kelleybean

Kelleybean Enthusiast

Hi -

My Publix used to carry Tinkyada pasta but now they stopped. Now they just carry DeBoles and Notta Pasta. Can anyone tell me how these are? I hate shelling out a lot of $ for an expensive gluten free product and then have it be a dud. If neither are good, then I can make a special trip to the health food store.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I think Debole's is okay. I found it a bit 'corny' for my taste but an okay texture. My favorite is the Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles. Usually they can be found in the Oriental food section. My store carries the real thin angel hair size and a linguine. I like the angel hair because it cooks in just a minute or so. I just toss it into veggies that are done cooking before I drain. Then a minute later drain and toss with butter. Quick, filling and cheap.

krystynycole Contributor

Do you have Super Walmart by you (the walmart fresh foods)? I can find Tinkyada pasta at a decent price there. I can only find it at the larger walmarts where there is fresh foods. The smaller stores do not seem to carry it.

MindytheOrganist Enthusiast

We've had DeBoles, and it is pretty good. But, if it isn't a lot of trouble, I'd drive to the health store to get Tinkyada.

Kelleybean Enthusiast

Thanks everyone! Based on your comments, I think I'll stick with my Tinkyada. My son is the one who is gluten free, and he's super picky.

GF Lover Rising Star

Hi -

My Publix used to carry Tinkyada pasta but now they stopped. Now they just carry DeBoles and Notta Pasta. Can anyone tell me how these are? I hate shelling out a lot of $ for an expensive gluten free product and then have it be a dud. If neither are good, then I can make a special trip to the health food store.

My local store did that. Stopped carrying my product. I asked them to bring it back and they did so with limited ordering and letting me know the day the order arrived. They also found out I wasn't the only un happy camper. :)

Minette Contributor

I would order Tinkyada online before switching brands, if it came to that. It's the only one everyone in our family has been happy with.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mom-of-Two Contributor

I started ordering Tinkyada online! WAY cheaper!! And many varieties as well, we order on Vitacost.com which has a great selection and amazing prices on gluten free foods. We are a gluten free home now and it took some time to get a gluten-free pasta my youngest (non celiac) would accept as "regular" pasta because he LOVES LOVES LOVES his pasta!!! Well, the Tinkyada did the trick, he eats it like he knows no different, we all enjoy it. Us adults liket the quinoa/corn blend by Ancient Harvest and find it to be higher in protein/fiber and a bit more adult in taste/texture. But for kids, I think Tinkyada is the way to go.

Open Original Shared Link

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I second the Vitacost vote. You order over 25$ and it's free shipping. Any specialty food or supplement that you purchase, I always check there first.

I used to eat the notta pasta, I thought it was pretty good,but it's been a while, and the shapes they sell tend to stick together. I like rotini because it's impossible to stick together in the pan!

Archived