Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Someone To Talk To

8 posts in this topic

hi, my name is Anwen and i am 13(nearly 14) years old. I was diagnosed with celiac about 3 years ago and have been gluten-free since then. But, even tho I have been gluten-free for so long I still find the temptation hard to deal with. My family and freinds are all very supportive but none of them have celiac so I feel they do not quite understand and I would love a penpal who also has celiac that I could talk to. Any replies would be appreciated.

Ads by Google:

I'm sorry you're feeling so alone with your celiac! The Gluten Intolerance Group of North America has a program for teens where you can be put in touch with teens throughout the U.S. with celiac or gluten sensitivity. Here's the link to Teen Advocates with Gluten Sensitivities (TAGS):

http://www.gluten.net/gig%20kids/TAG.aspx

You should find lots of support there!

Laura

hi, my name is Anwen and i am 13(nearly 14) years old. I was diagnosed with celiac about 3 years ago and have been gluten-free since then. But, even tho I have been gluten-free for so long I still find the temptation hard to deal with. My family and freinds are all very supportive but none of them have celiac so I feel they do not quite understand and I would love a penpal who also has celiac that I could talk to. Any replies would be appreciated.

Hey im shaun i am 16 and would like a pen pal too

Hey! I'm Katie and I'm 15 years old. I was diagnosed this year in january and would love a penpal :)

Hey, I'm Kaitlyn :) I'm 17 and I've been gluten-free for a little over 2 years. I'd love a penpal :)

Hello Anwen,

Just to say i feel so sorry for you , so young , I am 56 and feel alone in family as they all mix up and talk while eating. This is one hard fact we all have to face.

Hope you will find good friends here.

Take Care

Heyy I'm Ebony, I'm 19 and the only one in my family who is gluten free, it would be good to have a penpal to talk to about everything :) xx

Hey I'm 13 and I've had celiac disease for 9 years. I would love to have somebody to talk to. It's really easy to feel alone in this and I highly suggest you find somebody to talk to.