7 replies to this topic

#1 anwen98

anwen98

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

hi, my name is Anwen and i am 13(nearly 14) years old. I was diagnosed with celiac about 3 years ago and have been gluten-free since then. But, even tho I have been gluten-free for so long I still find the temptation hard to deal with. My family and freinds are all very supportive but none of them have celiac so I feel they do not quite understand and I would love a penpal who also has celiac that I could talk to. Any replies would be appreciated.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm sorry you're feeling so alone with your celiac! The Gluten Intolerance Group of North America has a program for teens where you can be put in touch with teens throughout the U.S. with celiac or gluten sensitivity. Here's the link to Teen Advocates with Gluten Sensitivities (TAGS):

http://www.gluten.ne...g kids/TAG.aspx

You should find lots of support there!

Laura

#3 shauniscrazy

shauniscrazy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

hi, my name is Anwen and i am 13(nearly 14) years old. I was diagnosed with celiac about 3 years ago and have been gluten-free since then. But, even tho I have been gluten-free for so long I still find the temptation hard to deal with. My family and freinds are all very supportive but none of them have celiac so I feel they do not quite understand and I would love a penpal who also has celiac that I could talk to. Any replies would be appreciated.

Hey im shaun i am 16 and would like a pen pal too
shauniscrazy

#4 KatieL1321

KatieL1321

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hey! I'm Katie and I'm 15 years old. I was diagnosed this year in january and would love a penpal :)

#5 kaitlynrose

kaitlynrose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hey, I'm Kaitlyn :) I'm 17 and I've been gluten-free for a little over 2 years. I'd love a penpal :)

#6 Gemme

Gemme

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hello Anwen,
Just to say i feel so sorry for you , so young , I am 56 and feel alone in family as they all mix up and talk while eating. This is one hard fact we all have to face.
Hope you will find good friends here.
Take Care

#7 Ebonyjade93

Ebonyjade93

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

Heyy I'm Ebony, I'm 19 and the only one in my family who is gluten free, it would be good to have a penpal to talk to about everything :) xx

#8 Madilou7

Madilou7

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hey I'm 13 and I've had celiac disease for 9 years. I would love to have somebody to talk to. It's really easy to feel alone in this and I highly suggest you find somebody to talk to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: