Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Can Urinary Retention Be A Symptom Of Gluten Withdrawl?

3 posts in this topic

I've been gluten free I think for about a month or two except there was a thing with a salad kit where the croutons were in a separate pack but somehow I thought I saw some in the salad itself I ate that I shared. I've already had kidney stones but the urologist said about a week ago that they are completely gone. Also I have had testicular pain for a long time now. I seem to be getting diarrhea worse than when I got glutened but it seems to be improving. Also chronic sinus infections that I have had for 7-8 months.

So with the diarrhea I seem to be getting gluten withdrawal. Could my urinary retention (or inability to completely empty my bladder) be a part of that?

Ads by Google:

I just posted about bladder spasms on the Interstitial Cystitis thread. For me both are caused by gluten. Gluten definitely caused the feeling of needing to urinate but not being able to do so or having pain on urination.

Bladder problems completely went away when I went gluten free. However, they return if I get glutened. That is the only time I get bladder spasms and problems being able to urinate. I was treated for bladder infections repeatedly even though there was no bacteria in the UA specimen. It all went away when I went gluten free. Amazing.

Search bladder problems or IC (interstitial cystitis) in the search bar here on c.com and you will see many people have bladder problems that resolved when they went gluten free.

I just posted about bladder spasms on the Interstitial Cystitis thread. For me both are caused by gluten. Gluten definitely caused the feeling of needing to urinate but not being able to do so or having pain on urination.

Bladder problems completely went away when I went gluten free. However, they return if I get glutened. That is the only time I get bladder spasms and problems being able to urinate. I was treated for bladder infections repeatedly even though there was no bacteria in the UA specimen. It all went away when I went gluten free. Amazing.

Search bladder problems or IC (interstitial cystitis) in the search bar here on c.com and you will see many people have bladder problems that resolved when they went gluten free.

Thanks. I was previously entering searches for urinary retention.