Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Can Urinary Retention Be A Symptom Of Gluten Withdrawl?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeOhio

MikeOhio

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

I've been gluten free I think for about a month or two except there was a thing with a salad kit where the croutons were in a separate pack but somehow I thought I saw some in the salad itself I ate that I shared. I've already had kidney stones but the urologist said about a week ago that they are completely gone. Also I have had testicular pain for a long time now. I seem to be getting diarrhea worse than when I got glutened but it seems to be improving. Also chronic sinus infections that I have had for 7-8 months.

So with the diarrhea I seem to be getting gluten withdrawal. Could my urinary retention (or inability to completely empty my bladder) be a part of that?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

I just posted about bladder spasms on the Interstitial Cystitis thread. For me both are caused by gluten. Gluten definitely caused the feeling of needing to urinate but not being able to do so or having pain on urination.
Bladder problems completely went away when I went gluten free. However, they return if I get glutened. That is the only time I get bladder spasms and problems being able to urinate. I was treated for bladder infections repeatedly even though there was no bacteria in the UA specimen. It all went away when I went gluten free. Amazing.

Search bladder problems or IC (interstitial cystitis) in the search bar here on c.com and you will see many people have bladder problems that resolved when they went gluten free.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#3 MikeOhio

MikeOhio

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

I just posted about bladder spasms on the Interstitial Cystitis thread. For me both are caused by gluten. Gluten definitely caused the feeling of needing to urinate but not being able to do so or having pain on urination.
Bladder problems completely went away when I went gluten free. However, they return if I get glutened. That is the only time I get bladder spasms and problems being able to urinate. I was treated for bladder infections repeatedly even though there was no bacteria in the UA specimen. It all went away when I went gluten free. Amazing.

Search bladder problems or IC (interstitial cystitis) in the search bar here on c.com and you will see many people have bladder problems that resolved when they went gluten free.

Thanks. I was previously entering searches for urinary retention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: