2 replies to this topic

#1 cindylou7

cindylou7

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

Does inhaling flour create a reaction to gluten in most celiacs?

I walked into a restaurant where they were prepping fried chicken. The lady that waited on me had a cloud of flour that followed her to the counter. Then she proceeded to touch everything with the floured dough stuck to her hands.

BTW I was not there to buy anything for myself. My work was having a luncheon and I was in charge of pickup. So who thinks I could have a reaction?
“Worry is itself an illness, since worry is an accusation against Divine Wisdom, a criticism of Divine Mercy"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

Does inhaling flour create a reaction to gluten in most celiacs?

I walked into a restaurant where they were prepping fried chicken. The lady that waited on me had a cloud of flour that followed her to the counter. Then she proceeded to touch everything with the floured dough stuck to her hands.

BTW I was not there to buy anything for myself. My work was having a luncheon and I was in charge of pickup. So who thinks I could have a reaction?

I had a very strong reaction to inhaled flour. I was cleaning the cupboard where we used to store it. I was wearing latex gloves, so I'm sure I didn't get any on my hands. I got really sick!
Everything that restaurant worker touched had contamination. I'd be very afraid of going there.

#3 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'd be more afraid of the general surface contamination than inhaling flour.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: