3 replies to this topic

#1 Vicky_1989

Vicky_1989

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

After searching the forum for people's TTG results, it started to worry me about my own results. A lot of people's here don't seem to be higher than 200 (from what I've read) when they were diagnosed.

In April this year, I had another blood test to see if any gluten was getting into my diet. I was strictly gluten-free (very paranoid about CC and forever cleaning the kitchen before I cook) for a good 5 months before I had my blood test but my results were over 2000!!! I'm not sure what it was when I was diagnosed but my dietitian did say it hasn't come down by much.

I'm not sure what other blood tests they ran but doctors in England don't really tell you anything.

Since being gluten-free my stomach pains and indigestion are completely gone but I still suffer major headaches, fatigue, non-refreshing sleep, joint and muscle pains and I keep getting recurrent sinus infections and infections in my wisdom tooth.

JFYI, I'm on vitamin B12 injections every 3 months (have been since 2007), been on vitamin D before as my level was 16 but was fine on my last blood test and my iron was okay too. I'm just sick of feeling like this.

Is there anything else that could be keeping my levels so high or any other reasons why I feel so rubbish all the time?
24 years old from England.

Pernicious Anaemia - July 2007
Coeliac Disease - March 2011
Gluten-free - March 2011

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

After searching the forum for people's TTG results, it started to worry me about my own results. A lot of people's here don't seem to be higher than 200 (from what I've read) when they were diagnosed.

In April this year, I had another blood test to see if any gluten was getting into my diet. I was strictly gluten-free (very paranoid about CC and forever cleaning the kitchen before I cook) for a good 5 months before I had my blood test but my results were over 2000!!! I'm not sure what it was when I was diagnosed but my dietitian did say it hasn't come down by much.

I'm not sure what other blood tests they ran but doctors in England don't really tell you anything.

Since being gluten-free my stomach pains and indigestion are completely gone but I still suffer major headaches, fatigue, non-refreshing sleep, joint and muscle pains and I keep getting recurrent sinus infections and infections in my wisdom tooth.

JFYI, I'm on vitamin B12 injections every 3 months (have been since 2007), been on vitamin D before as my level was 16 but was fine on my last blood test and my iron was okay too. I'm just sick of feeling like this.

Is there anything else that could be keeping my levels so high or any other reasons why I feel so rubbish all the time?

TtG can be related to other autoimmune conditions: thyroid diseases (Grave's/Hashimoto's), liver conditions (autoimmune hepatitis), diabetes, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn's) among them.

Ask for copies of your blood tests. Even in England I think you can get access to that information.
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

#3 Vicky_1989

Vicky_1989

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

TtG can be related to other autoimmune conditions: thyroid diseases (Grave's/Hashimoto's), liver conditions (autoimmune hepatitis), diabetes, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn's) among them.

Ask for copies of your blood tests. Even in England I think you can get access to that information.

I've been tested for thyroid problems and diabetes several times and it's always come back normal. Not sure what else it could be; perhaps I'll have to have a talk with my doctor, although I don't really get on with him and he tells me it's all in my head. :huh:

Probably could, will have to ask.
24 years old from England.

Pernicious Anaemia - July 2007
Coeliac Disease - March 2011
Gluten-free - March 2011

#4 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

All in your head? Nope - all in your gut.

Glad to hear that you have had improvement with digestive issues since going gluten-free, sorry to hear you have not had improvement in other areas - is it possible you have food intolerances that are contributing to your other symptoms? Have you tried removing Dairy, Legumes, Nightshades (tomato, potato, peppers, eggplant), Grains, Nuts?

Can you switch doctors? I wasted far too many years with doctors telling me that my symptoms were caused by stress, overwork, motherhood, hormones, etc. etc. etc.

I'd certainly start with getting your blood test results and go from there.

Good Luck to you :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: