25 replies to this topic

#16 Krystal K.

Krystal K.

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

ugh yea i dream sometimes of eating oreos with my husband and then I say oh no why am i eating these? ... then theres the occasional taco bell and chinese take out dream..only if I smelt it that day or someone was talking bout it though! hopefully they stop soon its weird how food can haunt us!
feels good to be free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 SMDBill

SMDBill

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

I'm newly diagnosed and had my first glutening a few days ago. Awful pain. My wife and I joke about gluten and she'll tease me when getting a bowl of Cheerios saying, "I'm having gluten-o's for breakfast." Yesterday we were talking about "gluten donuts" and last night I dreamed I was eating donuts, then freaked out in the dream after realizing what they were made of.

It didn't wake me up during the dream, but when I woke up and realized I was still in bed I was happy. I know it'll happen again, but I never want to feel this way again, at least not soon.

#18 Terry Ambrose

Terry Ambrose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

I think I've only had one dream in 10 years about eating gluten (at least, that I can remember) but when I have to handle bread for other people I get a creepy, crawly feeling and have to go wash my hands a couple of times. Freaks me out.
Terry Ambrose

#19 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Another way to end dreams or nightmares is to knock yourself out at bed time with a dose of trazadone. Yes it's a script but it is also very effective med to sleep, no nightmares, no nothing, just sleep.

I Have blocked nightmares for many many years with this. Granted, it may be difficult to stop. I have not been able to stop and probably never stop :blink:

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#20 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

I had a dream recently that I was a spy and my assignment required
me to eat gluten.... :blink:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#21 anabananakins

anabananakins

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hehe, I remembering posting about this too. I'm now over 2 years gluten free and those dreams have pretty much gone. I had two recurring ones - one, that I was at a party and absentmindedly ate from a bowl of nibbles and the other was that I was being chased by cupcakes on little legs ;-)

It's still new, you're anxious about making mistakes, your brain is just working through it :-)

#22 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

I had a dream last week that I was eating CATFOOD and it tasted pretty good! But then I realized there was gluten in it and I freaked out. I didn't mind that it was catfood, just that it had gluten. :blink:

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#23 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

I had a dream last week that I was eating CATFOOD and it tasted pretty good! But then I realized there was gluten in it and I freaked out. I didn't mind that it was catfood, just that it had gluten. :blink:

LOL!

I had one like this a while back - 'cept I was eating my doggy's biscuits...woke up worried about the gluten and somehow didn't realize it would be odd to be eating dog bones until much later the following day :rolleyes:

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#24 luvrdeo

luvrdeo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

I had a dream last night that I was at a concert chugging down a draft beer and after the fact knowing it was sooooo not ok...oh the good ol' days :)
lymphocytic colitis 8/1/12
diagnosed w/celiacs 8/14/12
gluten-free 8/14/12
dairy free, grain free, corn free 10/9/12

#25 Eleanor Creasey

Eleanor Creasey

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

The past two weeks or so I have been waking up in a complete panic due to dreams where I eat gluten. In the one last night I was holding something. I began to nibble on it then I realized it was bread. I got all freaked out that I was eating bread. Then I woke up! Does anyone else ever dream they are eating gluten foods? I am almost 6 months gluten free.

The past two weeks or so I have been waking up in a complete panic due to dreams where I eat gluten. In the one last night I was holding something. I began to nibble on it then I realized it was bread. I got all freaked out that I was eating bread. Then I woke up! Does anyone else ever dream they are eating gluten foods? I am almost 6 months gluten free.

Yes! I dreamed I was eating Oreo cookies one time. There were others but it's been a while, I have been gluten-free for 12 years,
Gluten-free since 2000

#26 CeliacShack

CeliacShack

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

I just dreamed last night that I was frosting several huge chocolate cakes, then I accidentaly licked my fingers, and then panicked, lol. I have, in reality, had a few moments where I came very close to just popping something in my mouth without thinking about it. The other day I almost bit into a piece of regular pasta to see if it was done. Duh!
Colette

Diagnosed with PCOS - 2001

Biopsy- diagnosed Celiac / gastritis - June 2012

Trying to heal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: