#1 Aightball

Aightball

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 07:31 PM

Hello :)

I have been gluten, wheat, and dairy free now since the first part of January 2004. I feel great, have lost weight with excersise, ect, but am wondering something:

I have not had the blood test...and since I have a heck of a cold now, I might be going to the doctor to see if it's upper resperatory. While there, I like to address as many concerns as I can and my doc is always willing to listen.

Should I ask about the celiac test? I have also thought about calling my allergist and talking to him about the test for celiac. I did not test allergic to wheat, but he said that based on my symptoms (I would have diahreea after the first meal of the day, lots of gas, and diahreea was a common event in my life), I should try it. Well, I've tried it and I feel better and so this has prompted me to think about the blood test.

I had an endoscopy, and that biopsy was normal and so was my colonoscopy. So, would it hurt to get the blood test?

-Kel

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 07:59 PM

I have been gluten, wheat, and dairy free now since the first part of January 2004.

Since you have not been ingesting gluten, your body won't be producing antibodies for the gluten. Therefore your blood tests will come back negative. In order to get the testing, you need to be eating gluten products. Best of luck!!

-Jessica
:rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 SadiesMomma

SadiesMomma

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 08:10 AM

I found a link to a website I found online for a place called Entrolab that does celiac disease testing amongst other tests that you can do in the privacy of your own home and send off as a stool sample. They poop it properly so it isnt altered or contaminated or spoil so to speak. The test sounds like a promise because you do not have to ingest gluten to get accurate results.

I dont know about you but I donthave the guts or the time to sit in a bathroom all day in pain practically dying just to get a positive result. Ive heard youd have to eat gluten (about 4 slices of bread a day) in order to get the right amount to damage the villi enough for accurate results... I think thats bull. I have a daughter that I have to raise.. I cant sit in a bathroom all dang day!

Here is the link. Im giong to do it as soon as i get the money. Ill let you alll know how it goes.
http://www.enterolab.com/

this second link it directly to ordering the tests...
https://www.enterola...m/Tests/Orders/

This is the one I am doing: Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete
(Plus Free Milk Sensitivity Stool Test) It will cost a pretty penny $349.00, but i need answers!

Good luck!! :D
~*HEATHER*~
Living gluten-free, Egg, Dairy, Nut, Soy, and Corn Free since Winter/Spring 2003

Fathers be good to your daughters,
Daughters will love like you do,
Girls become lovers who turn in Mothers,
So mothers be good to your daughters too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: