4 replies to this topic

#1 grodeylocks

grodeylocks

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

So I am looking to make new friends in the Santa Cruz/San Jose area or nearby who have celiac because I think it would be great for the moral support. I'm also looking for some single gluten free ladies in the area. Lol. Let me know who is in this area and it would be great to meet you.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Well, I'm not super-close to you, but I live in Martinez in the East Bay. You know, if you check out Meetup.com, there are a number of celiacs who meet up on a regular basis. We oftentimes meet at Mariposa Bakery in Oakland.

#3 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hey, was wondering how you were doing. I live in SJ (Willow Glen neighborhood) & work up by 237 & 880.
Are you in Santa Cruz or live/work SC/SJ?
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#4 yolo

yolo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

My bf and I live in San Jose near Los Gatos, and work in central San Jose. We have thought of putting together a celiac support group. Maybe this could the beginning of one?? Like many others here we also have other food sensitivities too. We are both involved in the creative arts and recently hypnotherapy.
Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

#5 grodeylocks

grodeylocks

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

My bf and I live in San Jose near Los Gatos, and work in central San Jose. We have thought of putting together a celiac support group. Maybe this could the beginning of one?? Like many others here we also have other food sensitivities too. We are both involved in the creative arts and recently hypnotherapy.

That sounds like a great idea and I would be willing to attend this if you make it happen. Is anyone else out there in our area that might want to begin meeting up monthly perhaps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: