Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Sucralose

3 posts in this topic

Hi all :)

I live in Australia and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is in sucralose, I have googled it but not had any real luck. Just wondering if it is gluten free. It is in my cordial and I haven't been game enough to drink it yet, just in case!!

It is made from sucrose, modified by replacing three of the hydroxyl (OH) groups with chlorine. It is gluten-free.

Thank you so much!

Just find its better safe than sorry hehe

Thanks again :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Gluten challenge. Random reactions of gluten sensitivity (brain fog)
      hi all, I have brain fog and I suspect that is due to gluten sensitivity.  When I became aware of those symptoms in the past, I did an elimination diet, and gluten introduction  seemed to correlate with the perceived brain fog Then, I was off gluten for a year, but because it is self-diagnosed it is not always easy to explain it and remain 100% gluten free when, for example, travelling or invited to someone's house for dinner. So, I thought I wanted to get to the bottom of this and check for celiac decease first. I have been doing a gluten challenge for the last 4 weeks, and my symptoms are very strange. Sometimes, I eat a slice of cake or a croissant and I can be tired and foggy for the whole day.  Strangely,  there are other times where i can eat bread or a full pizza and have no symptoms at all. Beer is strange, sometimes it affects me, sometimes it does not at all... I am not sensitive to Pasta so far... I am very confused. I thought that maybe it was because the consumed gluten quantity but there does not seem to be any correlation at all. Sometimes, I think that it has to be something else (not the gluten) that is causing those reactions. I cannot understand the random reaction to gluten.  Does anybody have a similar experience or an insight or what could be going on? Thanks!!!    
    • I got WELL!!
      It sounds like things are looking up for you. Happy dance, happy dance! Happy Valentines Day!
    • Help understanding test results??
      I forgot to add this...I only had one positive on the complete celiac panel.  I had a positive on the DGP IgA test, my visual endoscopy "looked fine" but my biopsies revealed a Marsh Stage IIIB (moderate to severe villi damage).  My symptom at the time was anemia.   Keep eating gluten daily until all testing is complete.  This is really important!   Hang in there!    
    • SO HUNGRY. All. The. Time.
      Over my 6 gluten-free years, I have endured this "Starving Syndrome" several times.  Actually, I have lost count.  I am 5'4" and frequently eat more than my 6'4" husband.  My weight has gone from a low of 93 lbs. to my current high of 105 lbs.  I eat as much as I possibly can.   I agree about the fats helping me to feel full.  I'm beginning to test out the "grain hypothesis" as mentioned above. It seems (feels) to me that when I go through a major healing spurt, my body just wants more food!  No idea if this is actually what is happening.  Still, I have come to look at it as a "good thing" when my body wants lots of food.  I just relax and try to give my SMART body what it wants.
    • I got WELL!!
      Update on my progress: 1.  By thorough and consistent evaluation of my food diary (every item ingested for 6 years); I've finally figured out that both dairy and nightshades cause me PAIN!  I had tried eliminating these previously; but it was no help.  I tried again anyway...and IT WORKED!!  Maybe because I'm healthier now?  Never was lactose intolerant; but BOTH these items cause me PAIN!  All over, wish-I-were-dead PAIN! 2.  Just completed 2 courses of Xifaxin.  One in November and one in February.  The first course helped some with the Buddha Belly.  This second course helped a lot!  Fingers crossed that things will only continue to improve.  (I actually think it may be helping reduce the fatigue!  But I won't mention it as I don't want to jinx it!) 3.  Added back rice.  Had been grain-free for 3 years.  Seems fine and maybe even beneficial.  I'm pursuing adding more variety to my diet.  Looking at amaranth and buckwheat.  Plan to discuss diet with nutritionist after my next GI appt.  to get tips on this.  (Had to postpone this appt. due to bad headcold--first in many years!) 4.  Plan to discuss changing levothyroxine brand at next internist appt. in a couple weeks.  Currently taking Tirosint--and love it.  But...investigating other options like Levoxyl since I may have felt better on that.  Sadly, Pfizer was NOT helpful the last 2 times I called them to discuss gluten content/contamination.  Mylan generic was VERY helpful!  Choice to be determined.  Goal is to reduce fatigue. 5.  Continuing with exercise, meditation, drawing, etc.  Paying attention to mindset and emotional calm.  Optimism is my friend. 6.  On a humorous note, my hairline continues to advance!  I always had the highest of foreheads.  Ha!  Now my hairline is moving, from all directions, closer to my eyes!  i actually have developed a widow's peak!  This is too funny.  Sixty-six years old and my hairline keeps getting thicker and more extensive!  Mother Nature toys with me! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to everyone!!   Remember to love yourself!
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Christine1962