This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Looking For gluten-free Cheese Cracker Recommendations

AGH2010

AGH2010 Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I've been through a few gluten-free cheese cracker brands and haven't found any that my toddler likes yet (we've tried Back to Nature, Blue Diamond and Edwards and Son). I'm really hoping to find a tasty cracker before preschool starts because I know the other kids will be eating a lot of goldfish crackers, her favorite, and she will be very tempted. But perhaps it just doesn't exist.

The only alternative that's been a hit is Pirate Booty so far but I think she's getting tired of them.

I'm so stressed for how snack time will go. The rest of the class will be eating a communal snack brought in by a volunteer parent each week. Her preschool director said my daughter will just eat her own snack from home. I hope it doesn't end up being as traumatizing as it sounds. I get so sad for my little girl just thinking about it.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated (I'll take any words of encouragement too ;) ). Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rosetapper23 Explorer

I think Glutino makes a cracker that is like a cheese-flavored Ritz cracker. Another great cracker line is Crunchmaster, which can be found with the regular crackers. There are several varieties (though I don't think there's a cheese one); however, they're VERY tasty...and perhaps you could send a plastic bag with some cheese slices for her to place on top of her crackers?

mamato4 Rookie

Is popcorn allowed in class? Air popped popcorn with coconut oil and nutritional yeast sprinkled on it is super yummy, nutritious and tastes cheesy for some reason. Of course, this assumes she can tolerate corn.

AGH2010 Apprentice

Interesting idea. I've never even heard of nutritional yeast. Where can I find it?

Mizzo Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I've been through a few gluten-free cheese cracker brands and haven't found any that my toddler likes yet (we've tried Back to Nature, Blue Diamond and Edwards and Son). I'm really hoping to find a tasty cracker before preschool starts because I know the other kids will be eating a lot of goldfish crackers, her favorite, and she will be very tempted. But perhaps it just doesn't exist.

The only alternative that's been a hit is Pirate Booty so far but I think she's getting tired of them.

I'm so stressed for how snack time will go. The rest of the class will be eating a communal snack brought in by a volunteer parent each week. Her preschool director said my daughter will just eat her own snack from home. I hope it doesn't end up being as traumatizing as it sounds. I get so sad for my little girl just thinking about it.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated (I'll take any words of encouragement too ;) ). Thanks!!

Wellaby's makes a gluten-free Cheese up cracker that tastes like a puffed Cheez it. I found it once in an obscure store and haven't found it again. If you are lucky enough to come across them trust me, buy them, they will be gobbled up.

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

Wellaby's makes a gluten-free Cheese up cracker that tastes like a puffed Cheez it. I found it once in an obscure store and haven't found it again. If you are lucky enough to come across them trust me, buy them, they will be gobbled up.

Oh my! I just found them here in the gluten free mall! check it out!

Cara in Boston Enthusiast

These "cheese bites" from Schar are absolutely delicious:

Open Original Shared Link

Our grocery store carries the brand, but not these crackers. Strangely, I found them at our local drug store (Rite Aid) in their small (but apparently well stocked) gluten free section.

They are smaller than a cracker, but slightly larger than a goldfish. They are yummy.

Cara

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sreese68 Enthusiast

My kids and other gluten-free kids we have over devour these: Open Original Shared Link I can't do dairy, so I've never tried them. But the entire box disappears when we have company. Their bread is also the best my kids have had, and my husband likes it too. (I can't eat it due to a brown rice intolerance, so I don't know what it tastes like.)

The Gluten Free Mall also carries them. Brand name is Grainless Baker.

My kids didn't like the Schar crackers. But I know others love them, so this is definitely a YMMV area! LOL!

AGH2010 Apprentice

Thanks everyone! I headed to the only gluten-free only market near me to see what they had in stock. Got a bag of Schar, which my daughter seems to like. I really wanted to find a local source for the Grainless Baker ones but have had no luck. I'm going to order some online.

Polly Rookie

I think Glutino makes a cracker that is like a cheese-flavored Ritz cracker. Another great cracker line is Crunchmaster, which can be found with the regular crackers. There are several varieties (though I don't think there's a cheese one); however, they're VERY tasty...and perhaps you could send a plastic bag with some cheese slices for her to place on top of her crackers?

My 8 year old loves the Glutino cheddar crackers.

nvsmom Community Regular

SuperSlim makes Brown Rice Crisps which are tastey, and mostly organic, rice crackers that my kids like a lot. Most rice crackers aren't marketed as gluten-free but they are. Flavoured rice cakes are tastey too.

Could you ask the school to go healthier in their snacks? Goldfish crackers are on par with cheetos nutritionally; it's a shame they serve it to the kids... in school where they should teach healthy habits yet.

semily Newbie

I totally understand your concern about your child not participating in shared snack - we're in the same boat. In the 1s and 2s classes at our daycare parents provide all food each day, but in the 3s room there is shared snack like you describe. Our son graduated to that room last week, and so far he's been fine. Not at all traumatized or upset like I worried he'd be!

The Glutino crackers are really tasty- we like the cheddar and original flavors best. Sometimes we spread them with cream cheese to make sandwiches. Other favorite lunch box items (in addition to fruits and veggies):

- Annie's Homegrown Cocoa & Vanilla Bunny Cookies

- Back To Nature Gluten Free Rice Thins Multi Seed Crackers

- Glutino pretzels (minis and sticks)

- Baybel cheeses

- Cheese sticks

- Applesauces

- Ham and cheese roll-ups

- Yogurt

- Van's frozen waffles

- Almond butter and jelly on Udi's whole grain or cinnamon raisin bread

- Annie's gummies

bartfull Rising Star

If you can find Sesemark Rice Thins, oh my, are they GOOD! They are gluten-free and so good that I used to eat them before I had to go gluten-free. My neighbor used to get them and every time I'd go to her house I would eat almost the whole package! I know they're not cheese crackers, but you could make them into cheese crackers by putting a thin slice of cheese on one, or in between two, then microwave. They will be cold at school of course, but melting the cheese will make the cheese stick to the cracker even when cold.

Archived