Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the semi-sweet chips are safe? I always thought they were listed as gluten-free but then I read on livestrong that "Ghiradelli's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips lists wheat flour as its first ingredient, thus cannot be deemed gluten-free". I looked at the bag and don't see this ingredient but at the same time reading this did make me nervous.

Ads by Google:

I've used them without a problem. I can't believe that wheat would be listed as the first ingredient in any chocolate chips. I just looked at a package of their bittersweet chocolate chips in my pantry and there's no wheat listed.

I think you should believe your eyes over someone posting on Livestrong. :D

Just looked at the site and saw that "claim". They also seem to think we have a gluten "allergy" so I'm not sure I would believe much of what they say.

I use them all the time.

I have used them many times before and haven't had the first problem. And I'm pretty sensitive, for what it's worth.

I use their semi sweet and milk all the time. I don't use their white since it is made on wheat sharing equipment - I buy their white BAR and break it up.

You'll notice they say "may contain milk" on the semi-sweet. I think that's the equipment. Don't have a bag of white to read statement.

Yummy yummy.