This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Going The Primal Route....

LauraB0927

luvrdeo Apprentice

It definitely makes you feel "lighter" if that makes sense. I didnt feel weighed down like I did after eating a bowl of brown rice or rice pasta. I hope it works for you! Let us know how you're doing and if it helps!!!

After another horrible day yesterday, and a rough start today, I am officially paleo/primal! I'll keep you all posted, I truly hope this is the answer for me and my body. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eatmeat4good Enthusiast

I feel stronger and "lighter" mentally and physically now.

I hope this makes you feel better. Anyway, it's worth the ole college try!

LauraB0927 Apprentice

After another horrible day yesterday, and a rough start today, I am officially paleo/primal! I'll keep you all posted, I truly hope this is the answer for me and my body. :)

I have a feeling that it's going to make you feel a whole lot better - you just seem to hear/feel your body telling you "Ok, THIS is what I wanted all along!!" Remember to put butter on everything!!! (Thats the most fun part for me) - I'll add you as a friend and let me (and the rest of us) know how you're doing!!! I give it three days and you'll be back on here with a new outlook on life.... :)

luvrdeo Apprentice

I have a feeling that it's going to make you feel a whole lot better - you just seem to hear/feel your body telling you "Ok, THIS is what I wanted all along!!" Remember to put butter on everything!!! (Thats the most fun part for me) - I'll add you as a friend and let me (and the rest of us) know how you're doing!!! I give it three days and you'll be back on here with a new outlook on life.... :)

I sure hope so!! Butter...that makes me laugh, as I have never put butter on anything! Maybe I'll try it!! :) I am also going to call my doctor today to make sure there isn't something else they should test me for...better safe than sorry! Thank you for the encouragement, looking forward to this! Day 2, here I come!! :P

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

Yes! Butter your steak too!

haha!

The only thing I don't put butter on is bacon.

Bacon needs no help. :D

luvrdeo Apprentice

Yes! Butter your steak too!

haha!

The only thing I don't put butter on is bacon.

Bacon needs no help. :D

Too funny!! I've made it (almost) through 2 days...my only complaint is I constantly feel hungry, and have low energy (which unfortunately is nothing new)...perhaps tomorrow will be better!

LauraB0927 Apprentice

Too funny!! I've made it (almost) through 2 days...my only complaint is I constantly feel hungry, and have low energy (which unfortunately is nothing new)...perhaps tomorrow will be better!

From my understanding you can eat as much as you want on the primal diet - a handful of nuts (cashews, pistachios) will fill me up and hold me over for a while. I always keep cheese, pumpkin seeds, beef jerky, and apple slices with me too when I'm at work. How much are you eating? Do you think you're not eating enough since you are still healing from your not-so-good couple of days last week?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

luvrdeo Apprentice

From my understanding you can eat as much as you want on the primal diet - a handful of nuts (cashews, pistachios) will fill me up and hold me over for a while. I always keep cheese, pumpkin seeds, beef jerky, and apple slices with me too when I'm at work. How much are you eating? Do you think you're not eating enough since you are still healing from your not-so-good couple of days last week?

I feel like I eat ALL day!! :P I'm a big snacker, so I find myself munching non-stop, on something! I brought more chicken for lunch today in hopes that it fills me up longer than what I had yesterday. I also had horrible stomach aches and D yesterady morning so that didn't help feeling so hungry. I'm giving up cheese for a while to see if that is a culprit in the bad days...I'm hoping not, as I could live on the stuff. Today will be better!! :D

Jennmc31 Newbie

I'm doing it too :) Really no other way to eat and once goal weight is reached it's an 80/20 deal. Raw milk is illegal here in Ohio too but we have raw milk cheese and as long as it's grass fed that's what I get. I buy pasteurized but Non homogonized grass fed milk. It tastes no different and is much better for you. Some people use some dairy and a lot use none. I think it's individual.

luvrdeo Apprentice

I'm doing it too :) Really no other way to eat and once goal weight is reached it's an 80/20 deal. Raw milk is illegal here in Ohio too but we have raw milk cheese and as long as it's grass fed that's what I get. I buy pasteurized but Non homogonized grass fed milk. It tastes no different and is much better for you. Some people use some dairy and a lot use none. I think it's individual.

I do crave chips and tortillas though...the rest is easy, because it's how I would normally eat anyway! I don't drink much milk so that's no loss...just the cheese. After I get adjusted to this and see what the results are, I'll throw cheese back in - maybe even try to find a "raw" healthier brand!

Archived