Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Should I Get Some Other Tests

5 posts in this topic

Ok thyroid labs are completely normal. I don't have my most recent available but I know they were right were they had to be. Testosterone was way low. Going to discuss with doc next week. I'm still having odd issues though.

Bowel Troubles are stills pretty constant

I get burning and nausea in the gut

dizziness (almost to the point that it makes me feel like falling over)

sweating

fatigue (which I put up to the Low T)

I'm not losing weight but I'm also not gaining (thank god)

I also have low vitamin d. I've been taking 5000 IU every night.

Any suggestions as to what else could be going on here.

I had a colonoscopy, no crohns or uc. Had the celiac blood test done, came back negative with I think the Gluten Giladian IgG or IgA (i forget which ones) be Tentative at 11 which was the slightest elevated.

Liver Panel was fine, nothing showed up on my Abdominal and Pelvic Ultrasound.

Any suggestions as to any other testing or could it be stress. I'm not really worried these days as much as annoyed as I want to feel better.

Ads by Google:

Hi Scotty,

The sweating could be an indicator of infection or inflammation. I used to sweat a lot especially when sleeping at night. Ongoing irritation in the gut can cause that IMHO. That kind of irritation can be caused by food intolerances (as it was for me), or parasites, or Crohns or UC which are already ruled out. The answer for me was changing my diet. Diet made a huge difference for me but it took me years to figure out the problem foods and eliminate them. New ones seemed to crop up over time. So that's where I would tend to look first, is diet. Doctors aren't much help with that.

You might want to study out any other nutrients you need. If you are not absorbing D well, what about B? Many of us are low in magnesium, iron, and B vitamins. I am planning to do a blood test for nutrients. Spectra -Cell is one test that measures for nutrients.

DT

Ok thyroid labs are completely normal. I don't have my most recent available but I know they were right were they had to be. Testosterone was way low. Going to discuss with doc next week. I'm still having odd issues though.

sweating

I had a colonoscopy, no crohns or uc. Had the celiac blood test done, came back negative with I think the Gluten Giladian IgG or IgA (i forget which ones) be Tentative at 11 which was the slightest elevated.

Any suggestions as to any other testing or could it be stress. I'm not really worried these days as much as annoyed as I want to feel better.

The low T may be related to the low D.....obviously the dose you are taking is not working. Need more, or more sun.

sweating

Ask to be tested for small intestine bacterial overgrowth(SIBO). If you have bad bacteria in your upper intestine it can rob the nutrients from your body, causing malabsorption of some of them. They can also emit toxins into your system as they feed, causing reactions like dizziness and night sweats. Did you get an endoscope done to see how your villi look?

You may be Celiac, or at least gluten intolerant? If Celiac blood tests show up negative, try strict gluten-free anyway for at least 3 months. You could have an intolerance which hasn't progressed enough to show in the bloodwork and there's also a 20-30% false negative with blood tests.

For the nausea..have you had a HIDA scan? It tests how your gallbladder is functioning. This is different from an ultrasound which checks for gallstones. If your gallbladder isn't functioning at a normal rate, your pancreas may not be releasing the digestive enzymes you need either? They both get their signal from CCK, a hormone made in the duodenum. If you have damage to this area from SIBO, Celiac, or dairy/soy or other intolerance either the hormone may not be made..or may not be sent to signal those two organs to "do their thing".

If you have taken acid blockers, SIBO is more likely. Adding probiotics and digestive enzymes could help you out a lot.