2 replies to this topic

#1 brendab

brendab

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

I've already been to one GI doc and that was a flipping mess and I do not have a lot of time and I have even less money to mess around so getting it right the first time is imperative! I have every classic symptom of Celiacs disease with a few others on top of that and I do NOT want to be diagnosed with IBS again. I need the right diagnosis the first time and I need a doctor that will treat me as a partner in my health and not act like he is a god. I know a good bit about my own heath and I don't need one to waste my time and precious money.

So, with all of that said, who can you recommend to me? I'm very tired of being sick and will not be quiting gluten until proper testing has been done but I am tired of spending time on the toilet and sleeping so much.

Brenda

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BabsV

BabsV

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

I've already been to one GI doc and that was a flipping mess and I do not have a lot of time and I have even less money to mess around so getting it right the first time is imperative! I have every classic symptom of Celiacs disease with a few others on top of that and I do NOT want to be diagnosed with IBS again. I need the right diagnosis the first time and I need a doctor that will treat me as a partner in my health and not act like he is a god. I know a good bit about my own heath and I don't need one to waste my time and precious money.

So, with all of that said, who can you recommend to me? I'm very tired of being sick and will not be quiting gluten until proper testing has been done but I am tired of spending time on the toilet and sleeping so much.

Brenda

I've just moved back to the NoVA area...the nutritionist I saw (Cheryl Harris...*love her*) recommended Dr. Sean Hurley at Digestive Disease Physicians on Kenmore Ave. in Alexandria. She said that she's heard very good things about him from her other Celiac patients. He's also listed on the DC Metro Celiac Organization as a recommended doctor. I have an appointment to see him on October 1st so I don't have first hand experience yet!

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

I just saw this article in the DC Senior Beacon by Andrea Kohn on celiac disease. She is with Capital Digestive care, and they have 16 offices around the DC area. Pretty good article al in all. Cheryl Harris is well known in the area. I'd trust her recommendation.

Beacon Digestive Health Corner

The article is on page 13 of the print edition. You can read the print edition online by clicking to page 13 and then clicking the page to zoom in.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: