Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What Is Normal Now?

29 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

I have only been diagnosed four years but have had diarrhea for 40 years with no known cause. ( lots of doctors guessed at a cause, stress, cancer, etc. !!!!!!!) However, I have never been depressed , although was very anemic and was very thin,. I think the fact that I have always taken lots of vitamins and supplements was what kept me alive and kicking. I usually have a lot of energy when awake but can sleep 9 hours at night.

I never left the house for work, etc without taking two emodium or a generic anti-diarrheal. It kept me from feeling anxious about being too far from a bathroom!!! You might see if this helps you.

Since I retired from teaching art, I stay very busy with my crafts, etc, which I sell at shows and this keeps me totally occupied and I really never worry about myself.

The last time I visited my mother, I asked her if she would be offended if I took over her kitchen and she said that she would be offended it I didn't. No problem!!!

Think happy thoughts and stay busy.

Rose

Several weeks after I went gluten-free, my bowel movements got normal with a rear exception. And I used to have such severe diarrhea that sometimes I failed to reach the bathroom in my apartment (3 to 4 yard distance!). This expectation that you won't make it is such an embarrasment! I also used to be depressed for many years, when I had no knowledge of existance of such a disease as gluten intolerance, many years on meds. Now, it's OK, though from time to time I have very mild relapses. Generally, now I feel really good (I don't cheat on my diet at all). I don't consider myself as a sick person. I just have a special diet. Who does not now? Everybody is on some kind of diet. Mine is gluten-free. So what? Well, I still have a problem. I'm single, 54, it is a problem to find a boyfriend at this age, especially when you are looking for a serious long-term relationship. On several occasions, when men were about to take me out on the first date and I told them about my gluten-free problem, I never heard from them again. In all the other aspects my life is as good as never before.

Alexa

Alexa, If you never heard from them again, it's their loss. You probably wouldn't want a relationship with them anyway. :P Shirley