17 replies to this topic

#16 BitterGrad

BitterGrad

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hang in there. It is an overwhelming diagnosis but it gets easier! Once you start feeling better life is awesome. Your energy levels will be through the roof. There are so many gluten free breads now too. Costco even carries a brand now!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 jlaw

jlaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Was diagnosed with pcos about 2 years ago due to infertility. I never felt it was right and kept looking, was blood test diagnosed last November (also have a family history so opted to skip the biopsy) went gluten free and got pregnant in January with zero fertility assistance (miscarried) and am pregnant again 4 months later. Gluten messes with everything....you will be amazed the difference. Happy healing and keep your chin up, you are not alone.
Hugs!
Jess

Congrats, Jess! All the best
DH dx by skin biopsy July 2012

#18 a84c72

a84c72

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

Thank you for all of the information!!! WOWOWOW!

I read that before I actually do the blood testing, I shouldn't start the gluten-free? Still, the villa are pretty blunt, from what I'm told so I am betting the blood work will confirm it. UGH. Figures.

I am still very much afraid of trying to get the hang of this and trying to make sure I don't "screw" everything up. HUGE lifestyle change, for sure.

As for the hypothyroidism, I've had that all tested when the endocrinologist did numerous blood panels during the insulin/PCOS/etc testing. No thyroid issues.

My PCP tested for rheumatoid issues because my body just tends to ache for "no reason". SED rate was 25..... everything else was normal, pretty much (low saturation, low iron, the given stuff I already knew).
**POOF** Out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: