7 replies to this topic

#1 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

I ordered the nutribullet here a couple of evenings ago. Just wondering if anybody has tried it?

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

You get to try it and tell us all about it and the wonderful things you will make with it! :lol:

Actually, I remmeber someone recently raving about it:

http://www.celiac.co...es-nutribullet/

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

You get to try it and tell us all about it and the wonderful things you will make with it! :lol:

Actually, I remmeber someone recently raving about it:

http://www.celiac.co...es-nutribullet/

Thanks for that Kareng, but that dosen't quite help. Arrrgghh! :D I've been trying to find more info. Oh well, i'll just have to wait and see and i'll let everyone know how well it works for me.

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for that Kareng, but that dosen't quite help. Arrrgghh! :D I've been trying to find more info. Oh well, i'll just have to wait and see and i'll let everyone know how well it works for me.

You could PM ALice and see how she likes it. She seems nice and friendly.

Here's where she had it for a few days.
http://www.celiac.co...oothie-recipes/

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

That looks interesting...if it can blend as well as a vitamix at 1/4 the price - I'd try it.

Please let us know how you like it once you give it a whirl :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

can't wait to try some of these recipes looking to add some more to my collection
Judy in Southern CA

#7 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'm also interested in knowing how you rate it txplowgirl. I've been looking at one myself.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#8 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

I have a regular Magic Bullet. I tried it for nut grinding awhile back, and thought that the blender worked better. Then, last week, after having seen one of those informercial type things while watching the Olympics, I thought, why not try it with something that's supposed to end up liquid, so I put some vegetables, fruit, a little water and ice into the Tall Cup, screwed on the 4 prong, stuck it in the power base, and ended up with a smoothie that was pretty good, and didn't cost what the extra special blender cost that the guy was hawking on TV.

This is a fairly easy and convenient way to get a serving of raw vegetables into you for breakfast, which my metabolism likes. You add just a bit of fruit to make it taste sweeter. We have had some really bad air quality here from forest fires' smoke last week, and I'm being pretty careful with everything I eat during that time, because eating the wrong thing can make my breathing worse.

The odd part is my SKIN really seems to like this, and it's noticeably smoother.

These are some of the things I've put in it so far:

Spinach
bibb lettuce
tomato
banana
apple
blueberries
cherries (easy to cut the cherry away from the pits on 4 or 5 of them with a sharp knife)
cucumber
red bell pepper
parsley
fresh mint leaves
swiss chard
snow pea pods

I thought I should add that I am using proportions of about 2/3 vegetable to 1/3 fruit, and after that is put in there, adding a small amount of water so the water is coming up about 1/4 of the way around the fruit/veg, then adding 1 to 2 ice cubes- if the vegetables and fruit are cold already, it does not take much ice at all. You can also freeze the fruit chunks before adding, but I have tried just putting a piece of banana in the fridge beforehand to chill it.

My husband got this "Magic Bullet" thing for me as a gift several years ago, and at the time I thought, oh, uhm, I think my Oster blender is going to be able to do that, but this little thing is pretty handy for a single serving smoothie, now that I finally tried it for something else.

I don't think I'd want to use it for garlic/onions unless I had extra grinding knife bases, as the flavor would be getting into the plastic, that is the one downfall I could see. (It comes with 2 of them, a 2 blade and a 4 blade) I also will not be putting anything into it that I thought may have any chance of gluten cross contamination, because the design could make it a little tricky to thoroughly clean under the blades fixed into the base. That is the same problem with the coffee grinder I use on buckwheat, when I was accidentally using buckwheat which was "packed in the same facility as zzzz" and the base is not submersible in water. I got a second inexpensive coffeegrinder, the least obnoxious to use, and I can see that this different design has real potential to trap stuff, too, this time in the catch cup. :angry:

Of course, you never wear out the appliances you don't like.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: