This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help Me With Some Cases

justaguy

justaguy Newbie

Hello everyone!

I'm 19 years old male,(hope i'm not posting this on the wrong section!) and i have a question, hope i don't bother.

Does someone know a successful case of beard and body hair growth after leaving gluten in my age or older? I ask this because i finally discovered the celiac condiction, but when i was 14 i had more mustache than now, 1 year ago it started to fall, the more i shaved, the more it fallen, i still have some hair growth, but it's very inrregular and also weak!

*Also, all the males of my family have full beard, all i got is some facial hair on the chin which i don't shave because i'm afraid it never grows again...

*I alredy know that DHT is influenceded by the gluten...

Thanks in advance

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Get your thyroid checked, along with all of your hormones.

And if you are using tea tree oil pr lavender or other estrogenic washes, etc. you may want to ditch those, too.

But, Celiac does weird things. Give it time.

justaguy Newbie

Get your thyroid checked, along with all of your hormones.

And if you are using tea tree oil pr lavender or other estrogenic washes, etc. you may want to ditch those, too.

But, Celiac does weird things. Give it time.

Thyroid already checked and normal, but thank you for the tip. I will give time to see what happens...

*I already don't use those oils

rosetapper23 Explorer

With celiac, it's common to have malabsorption of hormones, such as testosterone. You might wish to get your hormone levels tested, as suggested above; however, it's also possible that you'll begin to absorb your hormones well within a short period of following a strict gluten-free diet. You might also have your zinc level checked, too, since it can affect hair growth, and the same goes for B vitamins.

justaguy Newbie

With celiac, it's common to have malabsorption of hormones, such as testosterone. You might wish to get your hormone levels tested, as suggested above; however, it's also possible that you'll begin to absorb your hormones well within a short period of following a strict gluten-free diet. You might also have your zinc level checked, too, since it can affect hair growth, and the same goes for B vitamins.

I did not know the importance of B vitamins on this matter, thanks for your advice, I will check hormone levels too. Anyone knows a case similar to mine, which was successful?

*I'm on the 6 day of a strict gluten-free diet, i know, maybe it's too early to show results, but i keep the hope that my case has a solution.

*Also, i'm taking shots of myself everyday so i can post good results with my before and after on youtube (i don't know if this is good or necessary, but keeps my motivation), if it happens to have good results...

*Also (once again), young men here, get rid of the gluten as fast as you can, so you won't end like me...

txplowgirl Enthusiast

Justaguy,

I'm sorry to say but some people don't see an improvement until about 3 months in and for others not until a year or more. All you can do is just give it time and try not to rush.

Gemme Rookie

Hello,

I am celiac, Gluten free for 6 months , I am 56 now, my hair started to change color as early as 28 and by 45 they were 90% grey or somthing like white/grey . Being Gluten Free it is like 60/40 Black/Gray. They look more healthy.

Zinc supplement helped me .

staying Gluten free is way out.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

justaguy Newbie

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the answers! Yes, i will wait for the results, till there i will do other things to increase my T and DHT rates, like go to gym and take vitamins.

What would scare me is the possibility of never revert this situation, i see soo much potential lost in the gluten... But anyway let's keep going.

GF Lover Rising Star

Another thought for you. The supplement Biotin is for hair growth. Also for stronger hand and toe nails.

Good luck :)

justaguy Newbie

Another thought for you. The supplement Biotin is for hair growth. Also for stronger hand and toe nails.

Hello gluten-free Lover!

Thank you for your hint, i will do the best i can, be sure of it!

Later

Gemme Rookie

Thank youohmy.gif

Archived