3 replies to this topic

#1 stephaniesherie

stephaniesherie

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Having been tested I am not celiac, but I have a severe intolerance to wheat and a moderate reaction to gluten/glaiden

So I am having so much trouble finding ANYONE who can relate.

When I have wheat/gluten I get the oddest symptoms 24-36 hours later.

Please tell me someone can relate!!!! Please!

• dizzy!!!!
  • left leg just gets numbish - I present as normal but it's so aggravating
  • back ache/stiff joints
  • fatigue/no get up and go

Side vent: I went to this other natural dr. who thought it was all bogus and gave me these supplment with other sensitivites I tested positive, INCLUDING a B complex with wheat germ. Needless to say, I don't take those anymore, but it just bugs me how people just stare at me like I'm making these symptom up. Some restaraunts are so cold hearted. I was left with nothing to eat but iceberg lettuce, broccoli & onions the other day. I was nearly in tears because I didn't bring any food w/me.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 katie-sbb

katie-sbb

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Having been tested I am not celiac, but I have a severe intolerance to wheat and a moderate reaction to gluten/glaiden

So I am having so much trouble finding ANYONE who can relate.

When I have wheat/gluten I get the oddest symptoms 24-36 hours later.

Please tell me someone can relate!!!! Please!

• dizzy!!!!
  • left leg just gets numbish - I present as normal but it's so aggravating
  • back ache/stiff joints
  • fatigue/no get up and go
Side vent: I went to this other natural dr. who thought it was all bogus and gave me these supplment with other sensitivites I tested positive, INCLUDING a B complex with wheat germ. Needless to say, I don't take those anymore, but it just bugs me how people just stare at me like I'm making these symptom up. Some restaraunts are so cold hearted. I was left with nothing to eat but iceberg lettuce, broccoli & onions the other day. I was nearly in tears because I didn't bring any food w/me.

One of my friends gave up gluten as she gets extremely achy and stiff from eating it, so you're not alone.
Side vent - always think with your own head about anything you ingest!

#3 LJR

LJR

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm with ya, my doctor tells me im not Celiac, and does not believe I have a gluten issue yet all of my problems whent away when I whent gluten-free, casin free. Anyhow if I hapen to get CC everything comes back for about three days, the joint pain, dizziness, confusion, weakness, depression , constipation, insomnia and yes the leg problems, it feels like worms are crawling thought my leg muscles. Migraines and neck stiffness also becomes a problem. I tell people it's like having the worst flu ever for about 3 days. The confusion and lack of ambition sucks its like losing 100pts of IQ for a few days, I get nothing done, I just stare off into space for long periods of time when I should be working. So Your not alone!

#4 Framefunnyfarm

Framefunnyfarm

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

Celiac can be very hard to diagnose I had been sick for 5+ years. I didn't present with the usual symptoms so no one picked up on it. I have been scoped but the G.I. wasn't looking very hard and was looking for something SO out of the ordinary it didn't return any results. After being in and out of the hospital for much of last year I was desperate and went gluten free. It saved my life. My stomach symptoms are stomach pain and constipation. And those symptoms are the easiest ones to deal with. My doctor diagnosed me celiac because of my inability to maintain vitamin levels and off of symptoms. I get HORRIBLE brain fog, sadness, fast heart rate, and achey muscles when I have had any gluten or even have been cross contaminated. It doesn't matter what they call it, the diagnosis is the same. Have your vitamin levels been checked?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: