4 replies to this topic

#1 arian

arian

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I Have an question, that hopefully someone knows that answer to. If your stomach is inflamed from chronic gastritis, and being that stomach inflammation causes enzymes, mucus, and acid restriction etc What the poorly digested foods cause or mimic temporary food intolerance's? I just found out I have gastritis, and it was before I had food intolerance. Now all of the sudden, chicken gives me anxiety, oils, fatty foods, gluten, corn, dairy, you name it? Whats your opinion guys?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 missmellie

missmellie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

I Have an question, that hopefully someone knows that answer to. If your stomach is inflamed from chronic gastritis, and being that stomach inflammation causes enzymes, mucus, and acid restriction etc What the poorly digested foods cause or mimic temporary food intolerance's? I just found out I have gastritis, and it was before I had food intolerance. Now all of the sudden, chicken gives me anxiety, oils, fatty foods, gluten, corn, dairy, you name it? Whats your opinion guys?

So sorry, I'm not understanding the question. Could you restate it please?

Miss Mellie

Aug. 2010 IgA+ Gliadin; IgA+ Casein; IgA+ Egg; IgA+ Soy.
Sept. 2010 IgG+ for cow's milk, peach, yeast, chili pepper, egg white & yolk, lentil, soy, cola nut, coriander/cumin/dill, nutmeg/peppercorn, sesame seed, turkey, and wheat

Hypothyroidism, arthritis, GERD, overweight, chronic sleeping issues

#3 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

So sorry, I'm not understanding the question. Could you restate it please?

I didn't understand it either. My daughter had gastritis caused by a medication. I do know that when you have it you must avoid hot foods, both spicy and temperature heat. Best to eat bland/mild foods that are cool or slightly warm.

#4 SensitiveMe

SensitiveMe

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Symptoms of gastritis are discomfort or pain in the upper abdomen, belching, nausea and vomiting, bloating, burning or fullness sensation in the upper part of the belly.

These symptoms may be the same ones you can get when you have a food intolerance but the cause of them is not poorly digested food. The cause is because the lining of the stomach has been damaged and is in an irritable state.

#5 Jannyno1

Jannyno1

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

It may help to eliminate the foods you suspect to cause it one by one for a few days. Then see which you improve without.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: