1 reply to this topic

#1 ammowoman

ammowoman

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed about 2 yrs ago. At that time, I was 20 lbs under weight, had mouth ulcer and every gastro issue the is to have. The Dr actually told me crohns or Celiac. I knew it wasn't crohns and had said that to several drs. I kept insisting it was my small intestine! I was so relieved to have a answer I didn't research or take it seriously. Well when I completely fell apart I did. I pressed for answers because my daughter started having the same issues. We both have been gluten free for 2 months. We are learning as we go. Our gastro issues are so much better. I can't remember a time when mine were this "normal". Headaches that were constant are rare. Fatigue is better along with muscle aches. After reading up on the disease I should of taken it serious and at least researched it. I am now a bit more educated but have a lot to learn.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hello & Welcome

Glad you come to terms with celiac & now follow the gluten-free lifestyle. There is a learning curve at the beginning but it does all fall into place.

Ask any questions you have to help pou along in this journey, we are more than glad to help...and many of us comes with a wealth of knowledge....
Check out the recipe section, lots of goodies....

blessings

mamaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: