3 replies to this topic

#1 Birdie19

Birdie19

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

I am so frustrated I could scream!!!!!!!!! My daughter is exhibiting what our pediatrician referred to as hold over behaviors. Since she has been sick for so long now that her body feels better she exhibits behaviors of age 2 & 3 again. Like she is re-testing the efficacy. Our pediatrician said to expect this after she was finally diagnosed Celiac. I can't believe it's true but it is. My daughter has started to act like a 2 year old again. She gets out of her room 20 times at bed time and she screams in my face. Behaviors that were gone and are now back! I can't believe it!

It's so hard. Has anyone else experienced this?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

The body goes through alot. Sorry, I haven't been very nice to live with either. I hope she and you will feel better soon.

Diana

#3 Minette

Minette

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hmm, I never heard of it described that way, but I wonder if my 6yo daughter is going through a bit of that. (How old is your daughter?) She is very defiant (not all the time, but more than usual), tests limits constantly, and keeps getting out of bed. However, I had just attributed it to being 6, which is a rough age. (Her non-celiac twin sister is doing a lot of the same things, and we can't blame it on celiac in her case.)

Anyway, I hope she comes back to equilibrium soon!

#4 suztodd

suztodd

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi, When my daughter got diagnosised the first two weeks were ridiculous with behaviors, we called it a withdrawl. She did go throw some majors regression as well but in 3 months we were so pleased with the changes that it was worth it.

Good luck and be careful reading labels.
Suzanne

Hmm, I never heard of it described that way, but I wonder if my 6yo daughter is going through a bit of that. (How old is your daughter?) She is very defiant (not all the time, but more than usual), tests limits constantly, and keeps getting out of bed. However, I had just attributed it to being 6, which is a rough age. (Her non-celiac twin sister is doing a lot of the same things, and we can't blame it on celiac in her case.)

Anyway, I hope she comes back to equilibrium soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: