Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is There Any Pastas And Breads That Are Not Made Entirely Out Of Rice Or Corn?

11 posts in this topic

I stopped eating gluten in January and I tried eating noodles, pizza crust, bread, and tortillas made from rice or a corn/rice combination but I just can't stand the taste. I don't like rice.

Could someone tell me some brands and/or recipes of pasta, pizza crust, bread, and tortillas that are made of grains that are not 100% rice? Thank you :)

Ads by Google:

I agree with you - I hate the rice pasta. But I do love the quinoa pasta - I would probably still eat it if I could have the regular kind!

I buy potato pasta. Its the best I have tried. I don't have any at the moment. I will get back to you next time I grab some.

I like to make my own. For the odd time I buy it, I buy buckwheat, sweet potato, millet and quinoa pastas. I dislike straight rice or corn pasta very much.

All the breads I make contain several flours such as quinoa, garfava, chickpea, millet, buckwheat, chestnut, sweet potato, sorghum, amaranth...

I second Ancient Harvest Quinoa pasta. By far the best tasting. I buy 10lbs at a time. They are in FB if you want to get more info from them.

For bread, Against the Grain products are made from tapioca starch. Super yum.

I've seen a vegetable pasta that contains corn, carrot, rice and potato. Not sure what it's called, we stick with San Remo because I know how to cook that one and I know everyone eats it.

Buckwheat and quinoa are great choices as they have good nutritional value. Buckwheat isn't actually a cereal and is much higher in protein. You don't increase your carbohydrate this way. I agree about the corn taste.

Buckwheat and quinoa are great choices as they have good nutritional value. Buckwheat isn't actually a cereal and is much higher in protein. You don't increase your carbohydrate this way. I agree about the corn taste.

Just be careful. I saw a buckwheat pasta today. Read the ingredients and the first ingredient was wheat then buckwheat.

Just be careful. I saw a buckwheat pasta today. Read the ingredients and the first ingredient was wheat then buckwheat.

Yes, it's true that happens. It's safest to be totally gluten free to read all labels.