Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Is There Any Pastas And Breads That Are Not Made Entirely Out Of Rice Or Corn?

• Please log in to reply

10 replies to this topic

#1 yellow_daisy

yellow_daisy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

I stopped eating gluten in January and I tried eating noodles, pizza crust, bread, and tortillas made from rice or a corn/rice combination but I just can't stand the taste. I don't like rice.

Could someone tell me some brands and/or recipes of pasta, pizza crust, bread, and tortillas that are made of grains that are not 100% rice? Thank you :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

Have you tried these Ancient Harvest Quinoa? they are Quinoa and corn

http://www.quinoa.net/145/163.html

Orgran has lots of different grain mixes:

http://www.orgran.com/products/97/

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 ndw3363

ndw3363

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

I agree with you - I hate the rice pasta. But I do love the quinoa pasta - I would probably still eat it if I could have the regular kind!

#4 Silencio

Silencio

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

I buy potato pasta. Its the best I have tried. I don't have any at the moment. I will get back to you next time I grab some.
CANADIAN!

#5 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

I like to make my own. For the odd time I buy it, I buy buckwheat, sweet potato, millet and quinoa pastas. I dislike straight rice or corn pasta very much.

All the breads I make contain several flours such as quinoa, garfava, chickpea, millet, buckwheat, chestnut, sweet potato, sorghum, amaranth...
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6 Npealer

Npealer

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

I second Ancient Harvest Quinoa pasta. By far the best tasting. I buy 10lbs at a time. They are in FB if you want to get more info from them.
Nicole

#7 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

For bread, Against the Grain products are made from tapioca starch. Super yum.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#8 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I've seen a vegetable pasta that contains corn, carrot, rice and potato. Not sure what it's called, we stick with San Remo because I know how to cook that one and I know everyone eats it.
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#9 Jannyno1

Jannyno1

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Buckwheat and quinoa are great choices as they have good nutritional value. Buckwheat isn't actually a cereal and is much higher in protein. You don't increase your carbohydrate this way. I agree about the corn taste.

#10 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Buckwheat and quinoa are great choices as they have good nutritional value. Buckwheat isn't actually a cereal and is much higher in protein. You don't increase your carbohydrate this way. I agree about the corn taste.

Just be careful. I saw a buckwheat pasta today. Read the ingredients and the first ingredient was wheat then buckwheat.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#11 Jannyno1

Jannyno1

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Just be careful. I saw a buckwheat pasta today. Read the ingredients and the first ingredient was wheat then buckwheat.

Yes, it's true that happens. It's safest to be totally gluten free to read all labels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: