Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Having A Baby! Hooray!

12 posts in this topic

Not me. At my age wouldn't that be a hoot!

My youngest daughter is pregnant with her first child, and after reaching the 2-week late stage she is being induced this morning! Finally going to meet my grandson, my very first grandbaby!

Excited and scared here, I was drafted for coaching!

Ads by Google:

My youngest daughter is pregnant with her first child, and after reaching the 2-week late stage she is being induced this morning! Finally going to meet my grandson, my very first grandbaby!

How exciting! Congrats Grandma.

Congrats! being part of the birth is so special. My sister drafted me to help her with my niece's birth. I had to hold her hair back as she barfed... :rolleyes: Good times! LOL

Be sure to report back with how it went. We want weights and lengths. :D

Congratulations !!! :)

Yeah! Love babies!

I hope by now you have your grandchild safely in your arms, when you can pry him out of Mom's that is. I must admit to being a bit jealous as I am still waiting for grandchildren. Wishing you all the best. Do let us know how things went and what they named the little bundle.

Congrats, BB! (Gramma, Granny, Nana, Yaya, Mee-maw?)

So happy for you and your family!!

Thank you all very much!

Little Luke Alastair made his appearance at 9:05 Thursday night, mommy labored about 12 hours. It was hard for her for a bit as she didn't want any medication, but when it came time to push she was quick! The doc almost didn't make it! Dear daughter had only about two more good pushes after the doc arrived, and baby was there!

He was 8 pounds 3 ounces, 21 inches long. He is as perfect as they come! It was quite a ride but DD and her DH were real troopers and got through it great. Thankfully no puking, but she sure felt like it.

We thought she was headed for c-section as she was not progressing for quite a while, but the nurse who came on at shift-change brought some new ideas for positioning and they got the baby rotated so he could get down and out!

I've never felt such a feeling, not even for my own when they were born. It's the same, but different. Overwhelming, all-encompassing love. Being there was the thrill of a lifetime. I am crying as I type!

I'll answer to anything...Nana, Gramma, MawMaw, Mom (LOL, that's what my nieces and nephews all call my MIL), whatever makes the kids happy. As long as they call me!

:D:wub::D:wub::D:wub::D:wub:

Welcome, little Luke! :)

Good to hear all went well. Congratulations to all of you!

Great name, Luke! I am so happy for you, BB!