This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Can I Eat?

Skittles

Skittles Enthusiast

I can't have gluten, corn, corn syrup, potato, tomato, dairy. I need some ideas for meals please! All I eat is meat, veggies, and fruit... And can't eat too much veggies as it makes me way too bloated. I am sinking in to a terrible depression bc I want to eat other things and I don't know what other choices I have. Everything I eat bloats me out to look like I'm pregnant. Which also makes me very irritable and cranky. Also, I don't like eggs. Breakfast and lunch are the hardest. Fruit is just not filling me enough. Ahh I am feeling very homeless today :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Juliebove Rising Star

I can't have gluten, corn, corn syrup, potato, tomato, dairy. I need some ideas for meals please! All I eat is meat, veggies, and fruit... And can't eat too much veggies as it makes me way too bloated. I am sinking in to a terrible depression bc I want to eat other things and I don't know what other choices I have. Everything I eat bloats me out to look like I'm pregnant. Which also makes me very irritable and cranky. Also, I don't like eggs. Breakfast and lunch are the hardest. Fruit is just not filling me enough. Ahh I am feeling very homeless today :(

Sorry to hear that. I have somewhat different food issues than you but I can relate. Can you eat rice? That's what I turn to.

bartfull Rising Star

Sweet potatoes. You can have them with your meat and a small serving of vegetables, or you can bake them, peel them (the skin comes right off if they're baked first), then mash them with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar. Tastes just like pumpkin pie filling and makes a great dessert. And the best part is they are FULL of nutrition.

veronika Newbie

For snacks can you have nuts? I find them really filling and something I don't need to cook (which I do enough of already with my multiple intolerances like you). If nuts are hard to digest you can try soaking them first, I find that helps a lot. For an afternoon pick-me-up I've been known to have a few squares of chocolate (dairy free, soy free chocolate) too. Rice crackers and hummus with a few veggies can be made into a light lunch as well.

I realize it is still summer (and may still be hot where you are), but you can make some pretty filling soups with rice noodles, chicken, veggies. Stews are good too if you are into that sort of thing. You can make up a bunch of either and take it for lunch.

For a good breakfast, if you don't like eggs, you can make up a batch of really hearty breakfast cookies. Let me know if you'd like a recipe. A couple of those with a glass of non-dairy milk or some tea and a bit of fruit and I'm good to go.

kareng Grand Master

You can make as pumpkin "pie" with coconut milk or almond milk. No crust. Just bake in the pan.

Beans. Refried with celery or rice chips to dip.

Nuts? Peanuts? Pb on celery or apples or gluten-free rice cakes. Any other nut butter on apples or gluten-free rice cakes.

I think there are yogurts made with coconut or almond milk.

Do you have a crockpot? Throw the veggies you can have and meat in and yum. You could put them over rice or rice noodles. Season them differently. Spicy or Asian flavors or curry.

Skittles Enthusiast

Yess I can have rice but what can i put on it?

Sorry to hear that. I have somewhat different food issues than you but I can relate. Can you eat rice? That's what I turn to.

Skittles Enthusiast

Yes I would love the recipe for the breakfast cookies please :)

For snacks can you have nuts? I find them really filling and something I don't need to cook (which I do enough of already with my multiple intolerances like you). If nuts are hard to digest you can try soaking them first, I find that helps a lot. For an afternoon pick-me-up I've been known to have a few squares of chocolate (dairy free, soy free chocolate) too. Rice crackers and hummus with a few veggies can be made into a light lunch as well.

I realize it is still summer (and may still be hot where you are), but you can make some pretty filling soups with rice noodles, chicken, veggies. Stews are good too if you are into that sort of thing. You can make up a bunch of either and take it for lunch.

For a good breakfast, if you don't like eggs, you can make up a batch of really hearty breakfast cookies. Let me know if you'd like a recipe. A couple of those with a glass of non-dairy milk or some tea and a bit of fruit and I'm good to go.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Yess I can have rice but what can i put on it?

Lots of stuff.

You can make it sweet with sugar, almond milk, raisens, cinnamon.

You can add cooked chicken, beans and rice to it.

Look for a coconut rice recipe like they serve at some Asian places.

You can use rice noodles and put pesto on it. You can make it with any green you like, not just basil. Leave out the cheese.

GottaSki Mentor

Breakfast Smoothies - I use several pieces of any combo of fruit and a couple large handfuls of spinach in a blender - I only add water to help mix, but if you can tolerate rice or almond milks you can expand into other types of smoothies.

We use many combos of blueberry, apples, pears, peaches, plums, banana, melon, mango, cherries, etc. - I can't tolerate oranges or pineapple, but they taste great in there.

Much more filling than eating pieces of fruit - plus I love knowing I got loads of spinach in too -- we use other greens, but spinach is our go to green.

veronika Newbie

Yes I would love the recipe for the breakfast cookies please :)

Here you go! Open Original Shared Link

I just made these this weekend. My boyfriend threatens to steal them they are so good...hehe I never thought that would happen when I started gluten-free/dairy free baking :). They do have oats in them, so be careful if you are sensitive to them.

tlcounts Newbie

My 5 year old daughter is allergic to egg, dairy and soy so, I've been struggled with what to feed my family for years. Now with my recent Celiac I was at a complete loss for a while there.

Lately I've been researching recipes online. A bunch of good ones seems to be on Open Original Shared Link and skinnyms.com. Also I know get allergy living magazine, which is great.

Here's one to change up rice, I've done a similar recipe to this with Almond milk and it was just fine: Open Original Shared Link

Archived