This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Must Have

BamBam

BamBam Community Regular

I signed up at

www.denvernaturopathic.com

for their newsletter. I have learned so much about so many things. This is a health newsletter on a variety of topics.

This last one I read studies are showing that diets with high fructose corn syrup can be related to IBS symptoms, depression and obesity. High fructose corn syrup is just like gluten, it is in everything.

I'm starting to think that if it is not made by my own hands or mother nature, it just isn't worth it!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest katzmeow21
I signed up at

www.denvernaturopathic.com

for their newsletter.  I have learned so much about so many things.  This is a health newsletter on a variety of topics.

This last one I read studies are showing that diets with high fructose corn syrup can be related to IBS symptoms, depression and obesity.  High fructose corn syrup is just like gluten, it is in everything.

I'm starting to think that if it is not made by my own hands or mother nature, it just isn't worth it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to see someone who really gets it.

You are totally right on with your last sentance. If we eat simply and cut out all the processed stuff we would all be a lot better off. Especially CDers.

Another great web site is Mercola.com. They have all kinds of great info.

Interestingly enough I really believe a lot of us Cders have something called leaky gut syndrome. Look it up online there is all kinds of info on it and mainstream practitioners (if they have any sense) are starting to recognize it as a main problem for all kinds of disease. Just in case you don't know what it is.... It is where the lining of the intestines become to permeable and allow foreign proteins from improperly digested foods to leak into the system and create other food allergies etc. then it can also create all kinds of immune system disease. It can be caused from eating too many processed foods :blink: or a host of other things like lots of nsaids, antibiotics, etc....

I have already once mentioned this online and found it very interesting that nobody even once addressed the leaky gut syndrome topic nor have I read anyone else in this forum that has written anything on it..... but I obviously feel very strongly about it as I have been there.

I think another problem is that people don't know how to cook simply and enjoy.

Everyone wants to open a box or a can and eat freely of junk foods without gluten.

Keep it simple : :rolleyes::)

Also I believe everyone with celiac disease should find a doctor who thinks holistically and don't settle for less.

mary jane

mandigirl1 Enthusiast
Glad to see someone who really gets it.

You are totally right on with your last sentance. If we eat simply and cut out all the processed stuff we would all be a lot better off.  Especially CDers. 

Another great web site is Mercola.com.  They have all kinds of great info.

Interestingly enough I really believe a lot of us Cders have something called leaky gut syndrome.  Look it up online there is all kinds of info on it and mainstream practitioners (if they have any sense) are starting to recognize it as a main problem for all kinds of disease.  Just in case you don't know what it is.... It is where the lining of the intestines become to permeable and allow foreign proteins from improperly digested foods to leak into the system and create other food allergies etc.  then it can also create all kinds of immune system disease.  It can be caused from eating too many processed foods :blink: or a host of other things like lots of nsaids, antibiotics, etc....

I have already once mentioned this online and found it very interesting that nobody even once addressed the leaky gut syndrome topic nor have I read anyone else in this forum that has written anything on it..... but I obviously feel very strongly about it as I have been there.

Everyone wants to open a box or a can and eat freely of junk foods without gluten.

Keep it simple : :rolleyes:  :)

Also I believe everyone with celiac disease should find a doctor who thinks holistically and don't settle for less. 

mary jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:unsure:

Hmmmmmm......You made me think! Thank you for your info. I probably have that condition and dont even know it. Do you get the LGS from eating too much artifical flavors/coloring/fructose or processed food, for ex. rice cakes-plain or chocolate?

Very interesting topic here,

Would love to know more!

Thanks

:P

Claire Collaborator
Interestingly enough I really believe a lot of us Cders have something called leaky gut syndrome.  Look it up online there is all kinds of info on it and mainstream practitioners (if they have any sense) are starting to recognize it as a main problem for all kinds of disease.  Just in case you don't know what it is.... It is where the lining of the intestines become to permeable and allow foreign proteins from improperly digested foods to leak into the system and create other food allergies etc.  then it can also create all kinds of immune system disease.  It can be caused from eating too many processed foods :blink: or a host of other things like lots of nsaids, antibiotics, etc....

Keep it simple : :rolleyes:  :)

mary jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Processed food and medications play a role in leaky gut syndrome but 'reactive' food itself plays a far greater one. Sometimes with disorders like celiac disease it is hard to know which came first the chicken or the egg. After years of bizarre symptoms i was diagnosed (in 1990) with Type II, Delayed Food Reactions. I tested reactive for all grains except rice and oats. Unfortunately the test identified the grains but not the gluten in the grain. There were many other foods as well. The elimination of bread and pasta made an almost immediate difference. I was clearly told at that time about the leaky gut syndrome - in my case attributed to the Delayed Food Reactions. This year while researching the subject I stumbled on the fact that Celiac caused the same intestinal wall damage as that attributed to reactive foods. Makes one wonder which came first. My doctor, who is as dumb as a box of rocks, discounted the whole thing. I won't write a novel here. Intestinal wall damage is for real. Stuff in the blood stream that doesn't belong there is real too and the body's reaction to it varies so greatly. Unfortunately for me the gluten thing didn't get isolated soon enough. I was on a gluten restricted diet since 1990 but I was restricting grains - rather than gluten - and that only to a point where I was comfortable. Bad way to go! I now have significant neurological damage apparently caused by gluten attacking neurons in the brain. I still do not have a celiac disease diagnosis. Blood work is negative after years of gluten restriction. Genetic testing is on the horizon but that can only tell you that you can have celiac disease - not that you do. Leaky gut can be healed and does heal on a gluten free diet. L-gluatmine is the greatest product available to help with that healing.

I can't impress upon anyone here how much damage so little gluten can do. Claire

Guest katzmeow21
:unsure:

Hmmmmmm......You made me think! Thank you for your info. I probably have that condition and dont even know it. Do you get the LGS from eating too much artifical flavors/coloring/fructose or processed food, for ex. rice cakes-plain or chocolate?

Very interesting topic here,

Would love to know more!

Thanks

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LGS can come from many things. Maybe from celiac disease itself. Maybe a combination of celiac disease gluten intolerance and many other foods that irritate YOUR system ( and each of us is unique] The only real way to go is to get tested and then move forward from there. And Yes, L glutamine is one of the essential amino acids that help to heal leaky gut syndrome but it also takes eliminating the allergens so the gut over time can heal and hopefully you slowly introduce the once allergenic foods back in , [not gluten, of course] but other foods.....

Check out online for LGS, maybe type in LGS and how it affects celiac disease

Good luck and don't stop searching for your health. We are our own best advocates :blink:

mj

Guest katzmeow21
Processed food and medications play a role in leaky gut syndrome but 'reactive' food itself plays a far greater one. Sometimes with disorders like celiac disease it is hard to know which came first the chicken or the egg.  After years of bizarre symptoms i was diagnosed (in 1990) with Type II, Delayed Food Reactions.  I tested reactive for all grains except rice and oats. Unfortunately the test identified the grains but not the gluten in the grain. There were many other foods as well. The elimination of bread and pasta made an almost immediate difference. I was clearly told at that time about the leaky gut syndrome - in my case attributed to the Delayed Food Reactions. This year while researching the subject I stumbled on the fact that Celiac caused the same intestinal wall damage as that attributed to reactive foods. Makes one wonder which came first. My doctor, who is as dumb as a box of rocks, discounted the whole thing. I won't write a novel here.  Intestinal wall damage is for real. Stuff in the blood stream that doesn't belong there is real too and the body's reaction to it varies so greatly. Unfortunately for me the gluten thing didn't get isolated soon enough. I was on a gluten restricted diet since 1990 but I was restricting grains - rather than gluten - and that only to a point where I was comfortable. Bad way to go! I now have significant neurological damage apparently caused by gluten attacking neurons in the brain.  I still do not have a celiac disease diagnosis. Blood work is negative after years of gluten restriction.  Genetic testing is on the horizon but that can only tell you that you can have celiac disease - not that you do.  Leaky gut can be healed and does heal on a gluten free diet. L-gluatmine is the greatest product available to help with that healing. 

I can't impress upon anyone here how much damage so little gluten can do.  Claire

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your response. You seem to have done some research. Sorry to hear you have had such a battle with this. Yes, L-glutamine is great to help heal the gut in combination with avoidance of all reactive foods until it is healed. [ of course, forever with the gluten]. Amazing that they do food testing and check you for grain allergie and not gluten. mnnnn <_<:huh:

Archived