Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Basic Multivitamin- gluten-free, Df, Sf?

3 posts in this topic

I am loving the SCD Diet. Finally controlling my GI issues pretty well. Definitely going grain free was a win for me. It also allowed me to show myself that my dairy intolerance is more of an allergy with ears shutting up, chest tightened a bit when i trialed some. That was interesting to learn.

I am recognizing that I probably need a basic multivitamin. Taking B12 shots and tanning for the vitamin D (the oral kind kills my gut and the rush of D gets me back in the gym and feeling great), fish oil (not in soy).

I keep annoying myself because every time I think I have found a dairy, gluten, and soy free multivitamin of decent strength..whammo..i get caught off guard. Just happened with Celiact. I did not notice that it had parts derived from dairy until my ears started closing off. grr. Frieda's seem like super limited baby strength vitamins. The SCD Complete from GI ProHealth appears to be okay; however, when it lists allergens not present, there is no mention of soy. That seems very suspicious to me as it is so common that if it was soy free, it would want to mention it.

Ads by Google:

After someone mentioned these on here a few months back, I picked some up but have only tried them sporadically; trying to figure out other issues. In other words, I can't vouch for them for myself, yet. With that said, Solgar makes one called 'Vitamins Only' (no minerals) and on the front label it shows sugar, salt and starch free, in a vegetable capsule. On the back it says that they are free of yeast, wheat, soy, gluten and dairy products. HTH!

thank you. I will take a look at them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Gluten does WHAT to the brain?
      "Wondering what kind of life my brother could have had - if  he had celiac - constantly haunts me" My sympathies that is just tragic, as this story is.  I hope you are at peace knowing you are aware of your celiac and help so many lost, scared, and confused celiacs here. It can never bring back your brother but I hope it can give soften some of what you feel that was/is beyond your control. His suffering and your loss has made you a better advocate to yourself and in your work helping us. I don't like my body or my  brain on gluten either. I do fear that people overlook the toll inflammation takes on the brain. It likely may explain decades of mental illness that was brain based inflammation unknown until changes in technology advancement catch up. However consuming gluten to study how one enters psychosis may not be the best method. Do no harm.  
    • Gardasil
      I got this vaccination in 2009 when I was 20 and it completely altered my life. Made my celiac disease so much worse, sleep 15-18 hours a day, SIBO, it has completely altered my life since getting this vaccination. My doctor has two twin girls about my age and they both have digestion problems after receiving gardasil
    • Gardasil And Celiac
      I have this same issue! I got gardasil in 2009 and have never been the same since. Celiac disease, thyroid problems. I used to be healthy and active and since I got that shot I have never been the same.
      I saw this the other day too & like Karen, wondered at the last line of the article. The article had me once again thinking about my deceased brother who was dx'd paranoid schizophrenic in his late 20's. He also had alternating constipation/diarrhea  but "they" always blamed it on his meds for the schizophrenia. We, his family, knew he had those issues prior to him being prescribed the meds but there is no telling the medical community something when you're talking about a mental patient.  Okay, I know the guy is selling something but the research noted in the article is valid: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/22/gluten-grains-cause-schizophrenia.aspx We knew about this back in the 50's & going forward. They even coined the term for it "bread madness". Why have we not recognized this in the psychology/mental health/institutions community for all these many years? Why does it seem to have been just shoved under the rug like some dirty little secret?  Wondering what kind of life my brother could have had - if  he had celiac - constantly haunts me.
      My first thought was how many people that have been labeled as mentally ill or psychotic actually have Celiac Disease and never get diagnosed?  Their whole lives spent battling these conditions, being flooded with various meds and no one looks at their diet or does other testing!  It really is tragic.  I always wondered whether Patty Duke was an un-diagnosed Celiac.  She was finally diagnosed with bi-polar and ended up dying of a perforated intestine, at the young age of 69.  Ya gotta wonder........
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    vamanos25