Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Overwhelming-Gluten...jobs Etc

3 posts in this topic

Me and my husband are getting overwhelmed at just how many job prospects we cannot bother with now because of gluten...are we really stuck with desk jobs if we can find anything? He was even considering learning a trade like carpentry or plumbing...mechanic...it seems almost everything has a gluten worry involved. Food is obviously out. It is already hard enough to find work but there always seems like there are huge worries with this stuff.

Ads by Google:

Me and my husband are getting overwhelmed at just how many job prospects we cannot bother with now because of gluten...are we really stuck with desk jobs if we can find anything? He was even considering learning a trade like carpentry or plumbing...mechanic...it seems almost everything has a gluten worry involved. Food is obviously out. It is already hard enough to find work but there always seems like there are huge worries with this stuff.

I'm an Electrician and I found a way to work around issues.. I'm gald I wasn't a Baker or Chef when I was diagnosed in 09.

I am not sure what jobs would be "off limits" for you, except those involving food. (baked goods, chef, catering) You could handle food with gloves on for that matter, but I would not suggest inhaling wheat flour (or taste-testing!) :D .

You are not specific, so I am not sure what jobs you guys are looking for and maybe if you tel us which ones you are eliminating, people can pipe in and give you some ideas.