#91 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Gracie Kitty update:

Not sure how it happened, but, she broke off one of her fangs. It was getting infected. She got a shot of pain killer and a shot of antibiotics yesterday and is still feeling no pain. Gobbled her food and is running around like a crazy kitty. Has to go on Monday to get the tooth root removed.

For a recycled kitty, she is getting expensive. Have to get a pet carrier.....the taped up beer box cannot hold her.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#92 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Ouch, no biting the caps of beer bottles for her then! Karen, you'll just have to spring for real beer bottle opener. :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#93 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

ah, poor Gracie....who knows how they do these things (trying to bite the vacuum maybe?)

yeah, pet ownership can be costly, My friend's dog gets all kinds of treatments to the tune of $300 a week.

I am sure she appreciates it from the bottom of her kitty cat heart that you're watching out for her..

Wish you lived next door, I have an extra carrier right here. Going to donate it to the vet's office.

Give her some probiotics after the antibiotics (you know I had to say it......)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#94 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

ah, poor Gracie....who knows how they do these things (trying to bite the vacuum maybe?)

yeah, pet ownership can be costly, My friend's dog gets all kinds of treatments to the tune of $300 a week.

I am sure she appreciates it from the bottom of her kitty cat heart that you're watching out for her..

Wish you lived next door, I have an extra carrier right here. Going to donate it to the vet's office.

Give her some probiotics after the anitbiotics (you know I had to say it......)

The antibiotics were in shot form. Not as big a hit on the gut that way and I don't have to give her pills for 2 weeks! :(

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#95 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

Wise vet. :) cats hate pills....mine can spit one across a room.......

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#96 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Everyone who subscribed to this thread- I am sorry. It didn't occur to me that you would get these testing emails. We mods were testing what happens if someone is warned and how to quickly ban a blatant spammer.

LTES

#97 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

I just thought Gracie learned how to work the iPad. :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#98 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

I just thought Gracie learned how to work the iPad. :lol:

She's strictly a PC girl!

LTES

#99 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

She's strictly a PC girl!

....meaning she's able to " control a mouse?." :lol: good kitty

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#100 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

My mom has my egyptian mau addicted to cat treats (beef). Both my mau and siamese will only eat fresh tuna or fancy feast with extra gravy..What?! Not my doing but I did train my cats not to get onto tables and counter tops.They also leave all our ornaments on the Christmas tree alone. My mau is the most socially attentive. I have taught him to sit, lie down and come at command. My siamese isnt like that at all. To get his respect, I have to scratch his back, brush him, and play with him. Both of mine are trouble makers to some degree if i dont play with them regularly because they will play with each other and boys will be boys. It usually results in te younger irritating the older when he is done ten they get in fights.

Thats the most important thing with cats, play enrichment. This is how I keep my cats loving me and not wanting me upset with them. Lot os yarn dangling and laser chase and bird stalking
Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12
Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12
Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12
No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12
Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

#101 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

....meaning she's able to " control a mouse?." :lol: good kitty

:lol: :lol:

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#102 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

oh, I guess it is not my cat then. I am missing her. She is an indoor cat. She disappeared last evening when we were bringing a load of beef in the house. She didn't appear for two feeding times. We have looked all over the house. I even looked in the freezers and refrigerater, but so far we have not found her.

#103 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Sorry about your lost kitty :( Hope she finds her way home. Our neighbour's cat did after the earthquake - took her three months though!!! (they had moved to another house and she came back "home")
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#104 Mindala

Mindala

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Congratulations on the new Furbaby! Cats are love wrapped in fur. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: