This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Beer?

bossley

bossley Contributor

Still on my whole foods diet.... Is Red Bridge gluten free beer acceptable on whole food diet or am I messing up.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

I think you should make your "whole foods" diet your very own version...and have a gluten free beer if you want to! You're only messing up if you think you are. People try to eat mostly only whole foods but everyone likes to indulge from time to time. As long as you are not ingesting gluten I wouldn't worry too much about it. Stress isn't good for you!! Have a gluten free beer!

bossley Contributor

I think I love you :D

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

I agree. I don't say a word about my diet to anyone - gluten-free or not, other than "I'm gluten-free".

Yeah, I'm grain- light. But if I say anything like that to someone, next thing i know, that person will catch me eating a bag of Tostitos and think I'm "cheating". So I just eat what works and don't label it.

So have a beer and gluten-free pizza and have a good night, ya hear??

Monklady123 Collaborator

Yes, I'd say that beer is on any diet you want it to be. Kind of like how chocolate is its own food group. ;)

I had pizza and beer for dinner the other night and it was very yummy. :) We had a movie night here at home. Ordered from Dominos for the others and I made mine from the square Kinnickinnick (spelling? lol) crusts. Sauce, cheese, mushrooms, spinach, onions, and pepperoni. B)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

For Heaven's sake, have a good beer. Try Green's! (Sorry, self-professed beer snob) Even Bard's Tale and New Grist are better than Redbridge... :lol:

Chad Sines Rising Star

Everyone has fun pointing out when people "break" their diet. 90% of the people I know do not know I am gluten-free or more accurately the SCD diet. Just no need for the majority of people to know that information. Even when eating out, it is only an issue if we choose to make it an issue.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Sunny600 Rookie

Those beverages are really important for quality of life, but i'm not liking gluten-free beers. I just bought some Bard's but haven't tried it yet. I don't like New Grist at all. So it kind of looks like I'm not a beer drinker anymore, and we have a wonderful local microbrewery just down the street. Alas. But I have discovered Angry Orchard hard ciders, which more than make up for it. Go for it!

Woody Rookie

Other gluten free beers that I have tried,include:

From Milwaukee, WI - 2 breweries. New Grist, by Lakefront Brewery, made from sorghum and hops, 6-pack costs $8 - $12.

Shakpuro, by Sprecher, made from sorghum, millet and hops, 6-pack costs about $13. Not as sweet as New Grist.

Boulder CO - Tread Lightly, by New Planet, made from sorghum, corn, orange peel and hops. 4-pack cost around $10.

Henderson NV - Fox Tail, by Joseph James Brewing Co. made from organic rice, nectar, and hops. Only gluten free beer I have found that comes in a can. 6-pack about $11. Has a bit of a citrus taste.

From Europe

Green Beers - 4 different flavors, come in 22 ounce bottles. Between $6 - $10 per bottle. Pricey, but good.

St. Peters - have 1 gluten free beers and other non-gluten free beers. Did not like this beer.

2 other beers that are made with barley, but are certified as less than 20 ppm.

From Spain - Estrella Damm Daura. My wife likes it and she is not celiac.

Warrensville, IL - Prairie Path Golden Ale, by Two Brothers. 6-pack costs $8 - $12. Tastes like normal beer and my wife likes it also.

Hope you can find these beers. Have fun sampling!

Woody

kareng Grand Master

Just a reminder, as we have discussed many times, Estrella Damm Daura is made from barley and may or may not have gluten in it. The US Alcohol and Tobacco Agency has said it cannot be labelled gluten-free in the US.

Archived