6 replies to this topic

#1 SmileyKylie

SmileyKylie

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

After spending a great deal of time reading information on their website, I gave Buffalo Wild Wings a try and it was great! I ordered traditional wings with the Sweet BBQ sauce on the side. There are only 2 sauce's off the list for celiacs. The location closest to me also uses a seperate fryer for french fries! Anyone else had luck there?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Menic

Menic

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

I thought there was concern about the wings being sauced in the same bowls that do the breaded boneless wings. I believe people have asked their servers before to use clean bowls with success. No personal experience though.
Male, born 1979.
Diagnosed via endoscopy/biopsy 09/2010.
Gluten-free 10/2010.

#3 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

Where I live they use different bowls because otherwise the naked wings are going to end up with crumbs on them. This annoying and unacceptable even to people who want naked wings just because they like naked wings better. But check on the fryers.

richard

#4 SmileyKylie

SmileyKylie

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

I thought there was concern about the wings being sauced in the same bowls that do the breaded boneless wings. I believe people have asked their servers before to use clean bowls with success. No personal experience though.

Correct - they use different bowls and the key is to order the sauce on the side, that way there is no risk depending on the location standards. It's a little messier, but wings are meant to be messy!

#5 emandell

emandell

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Just ate at BWW last night. I had the chips and queso and had a gluten reaction. I started getting sick about 2 hours after. Their chips are fresh fried, which I was not informed of. I still feel horrible this morning. The wings seem to be safer. I do not recommend the queso.

#6 deltron80

deltron80

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I love their normal wings. I try to order them with no sauce b/c I don't really need sauce, but the server always seems to feel it's sacreligious to do so.

#7 Maisie

Maisie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

So, out of curiosity, which are the sauces off limits to us? I LOVE BBWs and it's one of my favorite spots to catch a Packers game. Also, anyone hear anything good about Hooters?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: