2 replies to this topic

#1 Momma Bear

Momma Bear

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

I realize that with celiac comes lots of abdominal discomfort but I was curious if anyone has areas that always hurt, not just occasionally. I have two sore spots that always ache and if you put pressure on them, it's painful! My first one is near my belly button on my right side (I have a long, thin stomach according to a tech who did a barium swallow years ago, so I assume this would be near the beginning of my small intestines). The other is my lower right abdomen, near my ovary. I assumed it could be an ovarian cyst, though I've never had one, but now I wonder if it's from the celiac I've had for my entire life without knowing until recently! Does this sound typical? Anyone else here have any aches and pains that never go away? Also, did you get any answers as to what they were? I go for my scope in a few weeks, so hopefully I can start to get some answers but I know it's not going to help with the sore spot on my lower abdomen. FYI, I was diagnosed via blood test (really high anti gliadin and anti endomysial antibody levels, low vitamin D and B12... I also have DH on my scalp). II have no idea what to expect with the scope!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

I've been gluten free since April and I am still getting the pains in my side that feel like kidney stones sometimes. I know it can take YEARS to completely heal, so I just know I have to take it a day at a time and be thankful for those few, occasional days of not feeling like total crap. lol.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

#3 Rainis

Rainis

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

I get those pains. I thought it was from trucking , that's what I do. Then I went gluten free, and felt energetic. Now I'm taking the gluten challenge, 30 plus days of daily gluten. So I can be tested. Now my pain is more noticeable, I am fatigued, and this is a new one on me, blood in the stool. Little did I know 50% of celiacs sufferers have blood in their stool. I want to end this challenge. I went to the lab today but the it was closed..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: