#2 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:19 AM

Anyone tried their gluten-free pizza?

Since no one has responded to your question, you might want to use the google search button on the top right hand corner of your screen for Mellow Mushroom. There have been quite a few posts on this subject. (I don't have any Mellow Mushroom restaurants where I live so have no experience with them).
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3 kittty

kittty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Anyone tried their gluten-free pizza?

I haven't tried it yet, but I did read some reviews. They do have a dedicated kitchen area and dedicated kitchen tools to avoid CC, and employees are apparently trained, but these are franchises so the preparation may vary from place to place.

I haven't seen any reviews yet that mention CC or a gluten reaction after eating, but several reviews said the crust wasn't very tasty. And one review said that only the manager of the store was trained to make the gluten-free pizzas, and because he was so busy it took them over an hour to get their lunch.

#4 jessthirtytwo

jessthirtytwo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

i always go to mellow mushroom for gluten free pizza! i have been to several locations, and i have never had a problem with cross contamination or anything really. the crust is awesome, and actually crispy and doesnt fall apart. i would definitely recommend it!

#5 dcns65

dcns65

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

While my daughter was in Raleigh she went to Mellow Mushroom a couple to times for pizza. One night I went with her and it was good! Her friends split a gluten-free pizza (one had no gluten issues but didn't want to buy a whole pizza) and she thought is was great!
Mom to 2 children with Celiac and husband with Celiac
Son-diagnosed Sept. 2011 with numbers off the chart, positive biopsy, hypothyroidism, ADHD, PDD (totally mainstreamed in School)
Daughter-diagnosed Jan. 2012 with no symptoms blood test positive, biopsy negative, hypothyroidism. Chose to go Gluten Free, dancer and straight A high school student
Husband-positive blood test, hypothyroidism and decided to skip the endoscopy

#6 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I've been twice. Both times were yummy and both times no reaction. I do react to bad CC but certainly not super sensitive.

richard

#7 joelmw

joelmw

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

We first checked out their restaurant in Arlington, TX and have been to one in Carmel, IN three or four times (when we're in Indy we pretty much always go there).

Theirs may be my favorite gluten-free pizza. Talking to the staff I also get the impression that they take CC seriously. And compared to many other places that offer limited varieties but will "let" you "build your own" one overpriced topping at a time, they offer a reasonable selection of "specials."

#8 buckwheat

buckwheat

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

There was some gluten in my pizza at the Mt Pleasant, SC location. I don't know if it was CC or if the toppings were CC? I had an all meats pizza, was that a bad idea? Pepperoni maybe?

#9 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

Pepperoni is highly unlikely to have gluten.

richard

#10 ChickensDon'tClap

ChickensDon'tClap

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

I ate there in Durham, NC 2 years ago and didn't like it. I don't like bean flours at all, and they use bean flours in their crust. I felt safe eating there in terms of knowledgeable servers and cross-contamination issues, but I just can't past that bean flour taste.
Valerie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: