23 replies to this topic

#1 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

This is going to be a quick one. I can't stay out of the bathroom. I just ate a little chicken and a sweet potato and it has gone right through me. I never had these kinds of symptoms before. Is it STILL from the CC'ed rice I had a couple of weeks ago? And why is it getting worse now? I haven't eaten anything BUT chicken and sweet potatoes for several days now. Why am I getting sicker by the minute?

I have a full lesson schedule today. I can't AFFORD this!

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

I got glutened about a month ago and still feeling the effects pretty hard, so this could be from the "bad" rice?

Sweet potatoes have salicylates. I can't tolerate them at all when my system is upset. Could they be bothering you now?

I hope this passes soon!
(((hugs)))

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Sounds like the stomach virus that just went thru a school here.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 Lolli

Lolli

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Oh god. Please no stomach viruses.
Bartful
Please hang in there.
Here's my list

New Foods Dr Fuhrman

Nutritarian

Cruciferous- broccoli, brussel sprouts, (not kale, yet).Chew.
Beans even green beans
Onions chopped then cooked
Mushrooms
Berries not strawberries
Seeds flaxseed, nuts

Banana
Avocado
Cucumber
Peanuts
Meat
Tomatoes
Carrots

This is a personal list of notes I saved.
It might not work for you.
I am eating some frozen, mostly fresh.
And I added squash this week.
Nooooooo flavorings!
Hang in there!!!!

#5 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Most people with celiac would NOT still be suffering two weeks later. It could be something else. I can be very hard to determine whether you're having a gluten reaction, food poisoning or a stomach bug.

richard

#6 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

This is going to be a quick one. I can't stay out of the bathroom. I just ate a little chicken and a sweet potato and it has gone right through me. I never had these kinds of symptoms before. Is it STILL from the CC'ed rice I had a couple of weeks ago? And why is it getting worse now? I haven't eaten anything BUT chicken and sweet potatoes for several days now. Why am I getting sicker by the minute?

I have a full lesson schedule today. I can't AFFORD this!

If it's getting worse now, after 2 weeks glutened, it may well be a virus. I don't know where you live, but here in NJ, there has been a nasty stomach virus going around. My non-Celiac son came down with it.

Hope you feel better soon!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#7 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

I'm with the "virus" theory here. Two weeks and getting sicker by the minute means it's something you cannot heal like it is when the small intestines are damaged by gluten. Seeing a doctor, though, would be the best thing to do.
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

#8 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I don't feel sick to my stomach or anything, just running to the bathroom every few minutes. I remember now that sweet potatoes from the grocery store used to do this to me. Organic ones did not. This one was from the grocery store. :angry: It looks like the glutening I got a couple of weeks ago has knocked me back to square one. That means I will be eating Uncle Bens, cheese, meat, and cauliflower. Oh yeah, and bananas if I can find decent ones. For some reason half the time I buy bananas here, even if they are green, they rot before they ripen. I have actually opened a mostly green banana and it was LIQUID inside.

One more lesson to get through and then I can go home.

#9 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Much as I hate to live on drugs, God created Imodium for a reason( ;) ). If you've been having this problem this long you might want to consider dosing yourself at least once to prevent dehydration.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#10 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Thanks, JNBunnie. I just looked up their ingredients and it looks like the original caplet does not contain corn. I'm going to go get some when I close the shop tonight.

#11 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

Barty, I am sorry you are still feeling lousy. I have to agree that getting sicker my the minute does not seem like a continuation of a glutening. Even my bad bout --and we got "hit" at the same time--has cleared up.

Sounds like it could be a bad bug causing the D and Bunz is right...use some Immodium to get it to calm down and drink a lot of fluids. I am concerned about your electrolytes.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#12 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

I assumed it was something food related because my psoriasis keeps flaring too. I felt better this morning and I vowed to eat nothing all day. Then I remembered the healthfood store has Stoneyfield yogurt that I can eat. I had a friend run down and pick up two large containers for me. I ate half a container and still felt OK. But later I got really hungry, and as I was supposed to go to a party after work, I knew I'd better eat SOMETHING. So I had a very small bowl of rice with a little cheese and chicken. An hour and a half later it started again. Running and terrible gas pains.

I ate some more yogurt a little while ago and now I feel better again. I've been taking a probiotic but I stopped when I got glutened two weeks ago because it has corn starch in it. Could it just be that I need more good bugs? I still have a container of yogurt for tomorrow and I'll get more Monday. Maybe if I just keep eating it this'll stop?

Oh yeah, I decided not to go to the party anyway. It's not because I won't be able to eat, but it's a music party and I played all day with my friends here. My fingers hurt! (But it's a GOOD kind of pain.) :)

#13 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hmmm, perhaps a yeast overgrowth/dysbiosis that the rice exacerbates (starchy carb) and the yogurt makes you feel better by killing the bad guys? I say find a probiotic you can take, because it's clearly beneficial for you.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#14 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Since you started having issues again after the rice with cheese and chicken, I'd try to isolate which one of those it might be? The probiotic angle may be right on, also... thought I'd throw that out as a possibility.
Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#15 Chad Sines

Chad Sines

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

You may have issues with all grains. This is something the Specific Carbohydrate Diet addresses. I did not begin to see significant improvement until I started this and eliminated all grains. Anytime I add one back, whammo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: