6 replies to this topic

#1 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

I just got an email today from Living Without Magazine that the August/September issue is available as a FREE Download. Offer expires on Sept. 14 so if you're interested in taking a look at this magazine, this is your opportunity. At the moment it's the second item shown on the page.

Personally I subscribed to it shortly after diagnosis and really enjoy each issue.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks, Sylvia. I know you're being helpful, but I wanted to add a note for others, that it does require you to give them your name and address and email address. Before doing that, I clicked on their privacy policy, and since it was somewhat long, I didn't feel like spending 20 minutes reading it so I just closed that tab in my browser.

I'd be interested in reading an issue, so I may go back later and see if their privacy policy is acceptable.
Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#3 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Actually I've never looked at their privacy policy but I'm already on everybody and their brother's email and/or mailing list, who in turn then sell my name and address to even more companies so I don't worry about it. That said, Living Without is a reputable publication and they will not ask for your credit card number for this free download.
Sylvia

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

It's a great magazine. Many of the articles are so helpful, I bring them to my GI doctor to read and he gives them to his patients.

I highly recommend it.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

As it turns out, when I clicked enter with my email address, apparently I signed up to receive their emails, though I didn't complete the 2nd page with my address.

On the 'thanks for confirming your email' message, there was no link at all to unsubscribe. Then I got another email offering dining cards, with a link to order them, but no link to be removed from their email list. I finally sent an email to their customer service address to be removed from the list.
Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#6 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

As it turns out, when I clicked enter with my email address, apparently I signed up to receive their emails, though I didn't complete the 2nd page with my address.

On the 'thanks for confirming your email' message, there was no link at all to unsubscribe. Then I got another email offering dining cards, with a link to order them, but no link to be removed from their email list. I finally sent an email to their customer service address to be removed from the list.

They do send out emails with free recipes of the week and links to other articles of interest without subscribing to the magazine. A lot of us find those useful.

If you're interested in checking out some info on their website, look here: http://www.livingwithout.com/ Some articles, of course, are limited to subscribers but others are available to everyone. They have a lot of recipes on their site, too, as well as substitutions for various ingredients and flour mixes. Really this is not a publication you need to be concerned about or we'd all be avoiding it.
Sylvia

#7 Pauliewog

Pauliewog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

The download is free and you don't need a credit card. I live overseas so my address doesn't fit in their page. I just used a fake mailing address and my real email to get the download. No problem! Just make sure to untick any boxes where they say they will send you mail if you don't want to be on the mailing list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: