23 replies to this topic

#16 kittty

kittty

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

What concerns me is that you've tried so many solutions, either food combinations or medications, in such a short period of time. No wonder your body is so confused! You're probably still suffering from side-effects from past medications too. I took anti-depressants for only two months, but it took over a year to get over the side-effects they caused.

I second what IrishHeart said - this sounds a lot like Crohn's Disease, especially the acid reflux and the inability to absorb fats. A friend of mine in college with Crohn's had those two problems severely.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Guys,

We are all suggesting the gall bladder as a problem to her, (I had the same issues with digesting fats before mine was removed, too)

but she says in her second post:

"I already had the HIDA scan and Ultrasounds of my liver done, the HIDA was negative"

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#18 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

In Crohn's they sometime use feeding enteral nutrition through a nose tube. There are pumps that can provide the feeding at a controlled rate while you sleep. That works well for some people.

Another thing you can try for H.Pylori is DGL (deglystereninzed licorice).
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#19 flowerqueen

flowerqueen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

You have my sympathies, I am going through something similar myself, and know how hard it is trying to get answers and pinpointing what causes illness. Most of it has been said before, but I was just wondering, as you have given up dairy, have you check the ingredients in Nortryptalene? (and amitriptyline) as in UK this contains lactose and if you are intolerant to lactose, that could also be an issue.
Under active thyroid; diabetic; hiatus hernia; acid reflux; dairy intolerant; arthritis; sciatica due to spine degeneration; diagnosed with coeliac disease November 2011; fibromyalgia; allergic to Thyme & MSG and alcohol. Allergic to TCP antiseptic, and plasters. Taking medication for severe muscle spasms in upper back.
Despite all, remaining positive!

#20 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

What was the result of the HIDA scan? Anything below 35% and they'll take the gallbladder out.

#21 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

Guys,

We are all suggesting the gall bladder as a problem to her, (I had the same issues with digesting fats before mine was removed, too)

but she says in her second post:

"I already had the HIDA scan and Ultrasounds of my liver done, the HIDA was negative"

I have no idea what HIDA is.

richard

#22 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

I have no idea what HIDA is.

richard

I keep hearing about them so I looked them up.

http://www.mayoclini...da-scan/MY00320

"A HIDA scan is an imaging procedure that helps track the production and flow of bile from your liver to your small intestine. Bile is a fluid produced by your liver that helps your digestive system break down fats in the foods you eat.

A HIDA scan, which stands for hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid scan, creates pictures of your liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and small intestine. Cholescintigraphy, hepatobiliary scintigraphy and hepatobiliary scan are alternative names for HIDA scan.

A HIDA scan is a type of imaging study called a nuclear medicine scan. This means the HIDA scan uses a radioactive chemical, or tracer, that helps highlight certain organs on the scan. "

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#23 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

I keep hearing about them so I looked them up.

http://www.mayoclini...da-scan/MY00320

"A HIDA scan is an imaging procedure that helps track the production and flow of bile from your liver to your small intestine. Bile is a fluid produced by your liver that helps your digestive system break down fats in the foods you eat.

A HIDA scan, which stands for hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid scan, creates pictures of your liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and small intestine. Cholescintigraphy, hepatobiliary scintigraphy and hepatobiliary scan are alternative names for HIDA scan.

A HIDA scan is a type of imaging study called a nuclear medicine scan. This means the HIDA scan uses a radioactive chemical, or tracer, that helps highlight certain organs on the scan. "

Basically, they make you lay still for an hour and a half (completely), inject you with some radiation stuffs, put you under the scanner and watch as it goes through (you can watch to if they have a moniter for it). After 1 hour has passed they come in with this huuuuuuuuuuuuge surenge and enject it into ya (stuff to flush the radiation out), then watch how quickly it leaves your gallbladder area.

#24 Littllemel

Littllemel

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

So last week I was in the ER for right flank pain again. I thought it was my liver again since I was having so many problems with it and fats. They took a urine sample and said it looked like I had a UTI but they cultured it to be sure. So Monday the 17th they called and said it was definitely a UTI and called in some antibiotics. So I start Keflex Monday and starting Tuesday all my GI problems die down. No more gas, bloating or D/C. Reflux has even died down. So should I assume this is SIBO? I'm still waiting to hear back from my GI about this new development. I did a SIBO test but the results aren't due til next week. So will all of my symptoms come back when I am off the Keflex?
Gluten Free since 3/2/2012
Dairy/Soy/Corn Free since 04/06/2012
Leaky Gut 5/2012
Candida 09/2012
Porphyrins in Urine 10/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: