This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Now I'm Getting Frustrated

cdford

cdford Contributor

My husband has surgery scheduled for this morning. I have to have him at the hospital around 7:30. It is now 4am and I am still not sleeping. I don't have the luxury of falling asleep at 5 and resting until noon today. This day I have to have my brain and body working yet I cannot fall asleep. I lay down and my legs ache, my brain runs from one thing to another, and I toss. All three cats are giving me the evil eye because I can't be still. At least my husband is snoring away...but he will get to sleep all day!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

Ahh Donna, sorry to hear you had a rough nite. I had one of those nite before last... not fun. Good luck with hubby's surgery.

It's funny cos you were on my mind when I got up this morning... anyway. Hope you can get some rest soon.

nettiebeads Apprentice

I know it won't help you now, but on nights that my brain won't shut down, I take an OTC (gluten-free of course) antihistimine. Cheap, non-habit forming and works. Dr. Gott (he has a newspaper column) recommends it.

Mjohnson73 Apprentice

I know what you are going through....I had a night like that the other night...where I just could not sleep.... I didn't have any of my clonazapam and that is what helps me sleep... so when I couldn't sleep I just tossed and turned for a while and then finally fell asleep at around 4 am...and had to get up at 8...ick....

Hope everything goes well with your husbands surgery...

--Maya

jenvan Collaborator

donna-will pray for your husband's surgery. am trying not to put my head down on my desk at work right now. our power was off, and b/c i am such a bad sleeper to begin with (when everything is normal) i of course slept only a few moments. hate that feeling. hope you can be energized for the day and rest thereafter....

cdford Contributor

Thanks for the support and encouragement. I knew you guys had been there and I was so frustrated that I had to vent somewhere. The evil eyes from that cats were the last straw. If I had not been so tired it would have been funny. Sorry to take it out on you!

Charles surgery went well. It took about four hours which is long for any surgery nowadays. They straightened his nose, took out his tonsils and uvula, and trimmed up the soft tissue at the back of his throat. A tonsillectomy at age 50 is a big deal. Hopefully he will be able to breathe somewhat normally again when this is all over. His sleep apnea was really bad. He is in a lot of pain and spent the night in ICU. When I called a little while ago the doctor had still not come in to determine whether they will let him go home today. I am supposed to call back in a little while.

I made it through the day amazingly. It had to be the grace of God. Of course I was exhausted and in pain myself by the time someone got me home last night, but a pain pill and a good night's sleep helped that. (Well, as good a night's sleep as I get anyway.)

Thank you again for thinking of me. I am off to the hospital again. Talk with you soon.

jenvan Collaborator

Donna-

Adult tonsillectemies are awful! I had mine out in college--let's just say I had tears running down my face everytime I had to try to eat a popsicle so I could take my pain meds. I feel for him!! I guess he must have had a really hard time since they took his uvula too. I remember mine was so swollen from the surgery that for 2 weeks I had to sleep sitting up b/c I kept choking on it :blink: ! I will definitely say a prayer of quick recovery for him today...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived