2 replies to this topic

#1 Ali123

Ali123

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

So I have a silly question...Bob's Red Mill's Rolled Oats say "wheat free" but not "gluten free"??? Does that mean they are safe?? It does say they are produced in a wheat free facility...I'm new at all this.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

Welcome to the forum, Ali! Bob's Red Mill also has rolled oats with a Gluten-Free label on them so be sure to look for that kind.

Not knowing how long you've been gluten-free, it is suggested that you not eat oats when you are newly diagnosed as a small percentage of celiacs do have an intolerance to oat products even if they are marked gluten-free. I waited until I was gluten-free for 9 months until I introduced them into my diet. Some suggest waiting longer than that.

Hope this helps!
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3 DougE

DougE

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

So I have a silly question...Bob's Red Mill's Rolled Oats say "wheat free" but not "gluten free"??? Does that mean they are safe?? It does say they are produced in a wheat free facility...I'm new at all this.

I'm curious Ali. Are you in Canada? I have a package of Bob's Red Mill rolled oats and it says "Wheat free" as well. I heard somewhere that in Canada, oats cannot be labelled as gluten-free. Anyway, I intend to try them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: