This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Had To Laugh - Most Idiotic Blog Ever

LauraB0927

LauraB0927 Apprentice

So I started NAET therapy at the recommendation of my dietician who is certified to practice it. She wanted to see if it will clear up some of my other emerging sensitivities and thought I'd be a good candidate. Not sure if it'll work but I'm trying to keep my mind open to see if I'll feel better. Anyway, I decided to try to do some research on NAET therapy and Celiac disease and I found the most ridiculous blog I've ever seen in my life...I got some chuckles out of it and I'm hoping that you guys will too...

"In 2005 or so I was diagnosed by stool test as positive for Celiac. The symptoms I had at the time were feelings of early fullness when eating and constipation, as well as anxiety and overall poor health. I went on a gluten free diet which improved my symptoms almost immediately. Was on this strict gluten free diet for 3 years until I came across an alternative energy-based treatment for allergies called NAET. (naet.com.) I

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

WitsEnd Rookie

Yikes!

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Or, she has it and the biopsy missed it.

Or, she's ncgs.

Or, she had a leaky gut.

Gee, wonder what those "other" stomach problems are...?

Yeah, I love some of the stuff out there about gluten. Frightening.

come dance with me Enthusiast

Wow, a stool test hey...

jerseyangel Proficient

She probably tested originally through Enterolab, which can detect a gluten intolerance but can not diagnose Celiac.

kareng Grand Master

Muscle testing proving she doesn't have gluten intolerance or Celiac? These poor people who throw so much money at these "cures".

I find these things rather sad, not funny.

IrishHeart Veteran

I, too, find these types of "medical scams" sad.

People in pain will try anything to get well. (I know, I was one of them)

There is no scientific or medical evidence that NAET or muscle testing or hair analysis etc. will "diagnose, cure or treat" anything at all. I saw one Pub Med article about one case of NAET, but the evidence is weak. It concluded "This case report highlights the possible benefit of NAET for children with food allergy. Randomized clinical trials should be encouraged to study the effectiveness of NAET in treating food allergy."

"possible" benefits.

There are no clinical trials reported.

If you have concerns or questions about any diagnostic method, you may wish to contact the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI).

Here is a list of questionable "allergy testing" methods.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

My mother is a smart lady with a degree in Psychology and an MBA.

She has done NAET.

She thinks it helped, for a short while. She has tried everything EXCEPT getting proper thyroid antibody tests (she's hypo), vitamin panels, and a Celiac panel.

She willingly eats around foods that bug her (and it's weird what gets her...leaky gut I'm sure); but claims eating gluten-free is too inconvenient.

She has horrible back and hip pain, urgent bm's, terrible allergies.

She keeps going to a quack Chiro who keeps doing quack things. The redeeming factor is at least the massages work well.

How can a smart person be so dumb??

I hope she doesn't lurk here.

kittty Contributor

If she did have celiacs, why would she be shouting "Eureka! I'm cured!" if she's having the symptoms again after going back to gluten? A gluten-free diet cured her of her ailments, she went back to gluten, and now she's having medical problems again. Duh?

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I, too, find these types of "medical scams" sad.

People in pain will try anything to get well. (I know, I was one of them)

There is no scientific or medical evidence that NAET or muscle testing or hair analysis etc. will "diagnose, cure or treat" anything at all. I saw one Pub Med article about one case of NAET, but the evidence is weak. It concluded "This case report highlights the possible benefit of NAET for children with food allergy. Randomized clinical trials should be encouraged to study the effectiveness of NAET in treating food allergy."

"possible" benefits.

There are no clinical trials reported.

If you have concerns or questions about any diagnostic method, you may wish to contact the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI).

Here is a list of questionable "allergy testing" methods.

Open Original Shared Link

Hair analysis can diagnose drug use!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P

jerseyangel Proficient

Yeah, I find it sad too. I was on the other side of it years ago when even my doctors didn't know what to do with me. I saw a Kinesiologist, on the advice of my sister, who did muscle testing on me and "identified" several food intolerances. Interestingly, "wheat, oats, barley, and rye" were among those. I followed his advice, which also included eliminating sugars, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, a few other things--and took the expensive supplements he "prescribed".

I didn't see much of a difference--of course a few of the supplements contained gluten. This was a couple years before I was diagnosed. If I knew then what I know now.....

I know a few people who have been helped by NAET, but after my personal experience, I wouldn't put much stock in it.

IrishHeart Veteran

Hair analysis can diagnose drug use!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P

Would you call that a "diagnosis"? really? I would call that

"forensic analysis"...but why split hairs? ;)

And you know full well I was talking about diagnosing food allergies and specifically, in that context.... you little scamp. :P

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

you little scamp. :P

It's a condition....

Archived