5 replies to this topic

#1 karinp

karinp

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Do any of you have celiac without many symptoms? I had positive tgg iga and igg and am awaiting an endoscopy. I have bloating, fatigue, but that's really about it. I'm wondering if my biopsy will even show anything since i don't have many symptoms. Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

You might be lucky and caught it before it flattens you.
Actually the number of symptoms doesn't seem to correlate with positive biopsies. Many people never knew they had Celiac at all due to having no symptoms but their biopsy came up positive. There is something called Silent Celiac where no symptoms are felt subjectively by the person with Celiac, yet they have the damage consistent with Celiac.

Other people have all kinds of symptoms and yet they test negative...go figure.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#3 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Sometimes, after you have been on a gluten free diet for awhile, then accidentally eat the stuff, you have so many symptoms, you wondered how it is that the rest of the world managed to convince you that feeling "this lousy" is "normal."

#4 karinp

karinp

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for your input. Maybe i do feel symptoms sometimes and i just don't relate them to gluten. This afternoon i felt like just crap. So tired, headache, foggy. And i did have a bunch of wheat thins with lunch so maybe it was related.

#5 LauraB0927

LauraB0927

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

I never had GI symptoms except for the three days before I went to the doctor. I was waking up in the middle of the night with terrible abdominal pains, but other than that - nothing. Battled with anemia, syncope, and acid reflux for a while, but I never knew it had anything to do with the Celiac until after I was diagnosed. I was able to basically eat anything with no apparent issues and had no idea that my insides were being torn up. HOWEVER, now that I'm gluten free, I've become pretty sensitive to gluten and got terribly sick after eating gluten free gummy bears that were made in a facility that also processed wheat....go figure - NOW I have issues! :)

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead ahead - soon we must all face the choice, to do what is right, or what is easy..." - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

Diagnosed Celiac in May 2012 by TTG level and endoscopy
Acid reflux/GERD (stopped since eating gluten-free)
Syncope
Raynaud's Syndrome
Iron Deficient

#6 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yes, i had "D" and vomitng along with fatige, my GERD, insomnia, and general ickiness.

However, I had no odvious GI damage (outside of a damaged throat due to GERD).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: