31 replies to this topic

#31 Hopeful1950

Hopeful1950

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Wow. The doc that gave me the Neurontin never said anything about weaning off of it! (No surprise there). I think the dose I took was 100mg and I only took it intermittently (not every day) so I didn't have any problems, thank goodness. Thanks for giving us the heads up.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 karinschm

karinschm

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Hey everyone,

I don't know if someone already posted about this, but anyway, I also have DH (and I am celiac, diagnosed about 1 month ago by a skin biopsy) and found that topical vitamin B5 works wonders for me -- relieves itching, DH heals faster, prevents the appearance of dark spots and scars, with the bonus of not being an irritant agent. Since it acts as a natural anti-everything (anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and so on), besides being a skin healer and protector, I think it makes sense... Here is an article about it.

Incidentally, Vitamin B5 is helping my skin to recover in general -- I always had super dry skin, with acne and red spots due to celiac disease. Once I removed gluten from my diet and started doing a "ritual" of vitamin B5 (nighttime moisturizing mask and body creams), I notice the difference in 1 week!

Edited by karinschm, 06 February 2013 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: